Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Administrator
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I thought it was time to get to really know each other, or for some to get reacquainted.

Post a little bit about yourselves, where you’re from, your favourite team sports teams, your likes or dislikes, the cars you own. Anything you would like to share with us all. I'll start.

My online names on the site are both admin and novaless, they are both pretty self-explanatory so there’s no need to explain what those username indication or mean. :bored:

I hail from the Great White North, and presently work in the City of Ottawa, Ontario. However, I live and travel home every weekend to Petawawa which is located West of Ottawa about an hour and a half drive. I’ve lived there since ’94. Ottawa is the home of the Ottawa Senators (this isn’t political), :D but my favourite NHL team is the Montreal Canadians. GO HABS GO!

I'm married and Sandie and I have no children. I work in the Canadian Army, in the communications branch.

I don’t own a Chevy II or Nova right now, but I’m always looking. The life expectancy of older cars in Canada is quite short because of all the salt they throw on the roads during the winter, so it’s difficult to locate a nice Nova that someone is willing to sell for my price. All my cars and the truck are Chevys. I love Nova, but I’m sure you know that. I like running and still compete at my young age, as well I spend a lot of time boating in the summer.

Enough about me lets hear about you. :) You can start your own thread.

·
Administrator
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Not that you can't post here,but feel free to start a fresh thread for yourself in this section.;)It will get more exposure on it's own.

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Not that it's a big blunder, but we prefer you to start a thread in this section on it's own, so others may get to know you. If they're all posted here, they just get lost in the mix, so feel free to start your own intro thread!:yes:

·
14,577 Posts
My name is Pat. I will have been married for 37 yrs come this august 12. I am retired but when I had a job I was a EE for a major gas and electric utility. I lived in Colorado all my life until 2000 when I moved to Redding Ca. I have two kids, a boy who is 34 and a daughter who is 32. I have 2 grandchildren from my son. I raced NHRA stock eliminator for 13 years in the 70's and 80's. Myself and my partner at that time raced an A/stock Hemi Challenger. I also raced an F/stock 68 Roadrunner. I am currently working with an old navy buddy of mine racing the NHRA Heritage series with an NE2 small block chevy that is injected on alcohol. I have sold off a couple of my cars the past couple of years but i still own a 72 Nova, 69 Nova, and a 68 Roadrunner. Our daily drivers are a 2001 Dodge quad cab 2500 diesel truck and a 2004 Mitsubish Montero Sport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get to know you

I am Lowell Rorrer,My Wife of 45 yrs, is Carole Ann When we were married her initials became CAR. How could we miss? We started racing in 1964, and have given it up the last 4 yrs. She did most of the driving in the early days, our last fun car was a 65 nova, we built it in 94, raced it until 05, thought I was done, but we've had a change of mind, I am now building a 62 nova, SB400, 700R4, 9 inch ford rear, still looking for parts to finish power steering, don't know which power steering pump to use,or what pressure is required

·
Registered
3 Posts
Carol in Little Rock, AR

Hi to all. I am a brand new member to the site as of today! I own a 1966 Chevy Nova II. We have had the car on the road for about 13 years. My hubby and I built the car with the exception of the paint and interior. It is a light quasar metallic blue [pretty close to the original color] but there is nothing else original about the car! The motor is a 327 small block, 5-speed, black interior, flow master exhaust, aluminum Walker radiator.

So as you can see we are gear heads and absolutely love everything about cars!

I work for the Little Rock CVB. I ventured into the automotive event market for The Rock about 8 years ago and it continues to be very successful. We are hosting O'Reilly Auto Parts Fall Street Machine Nationals scheduled for September 11-13 at our fairgrounds. As I am sure you know, the event has historically been hosted in Springfield, MO - we attended all 20 of them. We are excited to have the event in our city. We are planning extra activities under the umbrella of the event [all of which are scheduled during non-show hours] during Friday and Saturday evening. That info is on my website at www.cruisinlittlerock.com.

Please let me know if any of you plan to attend and if I can assist you in any way.

I am looking forward to communicating with all of you on this site. Thanks much, hrm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Newbie from Joplin, MO

I'm a newbie to this site and this is my first visit here. I searched and found this site on line.

Me and my family of five live in Joplin, MO. My wife, Melanie, and I are originally from Carthage, MO. We have three children, Jacob-9, Macy-5 and Taylor 16 months. My grandfather purchased our '69 Nova new from the local Chevrolet dealer in Carthage, MO. It was originally a 230 straight six with a two speed power glide transmission. The car still does not have power brakes, power-steering or air conditioning. However, the car did come with chrome door trim and rally wheels. The car was restored in 1990 and a 1969 396 V8 was added. It’s been a fun addition to our family ever since it was purchased!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello all, im lee, and i don't care much for the chevy nova's... :D........... in honest to gods truth im a Ford guy.....:eek: ...... HOLD ON HOLD ON!....put the guns down and hear me out!!! the chevy vs. ford is a debate for another thread.
i'm currently on my 2nd nova project, the first one being my dads '69. which is currently sporting a 327 with a muncie. while its a great car and i really do love it, but it is frankensteined together out of about three or four other nova's. 40 plus years of brutally hard winter versus any metal, no matter what make or model, is never going to work out in the cars favor around here. which brings me to my current nova project. it is another '69. this one is a little different though. it is a texas car that is as original as it gets up here. it ain't nothing special, just a rag top with a 307, but this car is as virgin as any car ( or woman...lol) that i have ever got my hands on. its not a car to build, its a car to restore. and that is why you find me here.

p.s. just in case you have been reading my b.s. so far, hear is my thoughts on the II's, and the nova's:
if you want a big block chevy, than you want a chevelle. big blocks are to me made for the 1/4 mile, the straight line nuckle draggers. thats what the chevelle was designed to do and have under the hood. it was designed for the soul purpose of housing a big block. the IIs' where better able to handle a big block by design than the novas' were but neither was intended to be full blown muscle cars. at the time chevolet unveiled the new body style in'68 which was still called a chevy II that year, chevy was playing catch up with the ford mustangs in sales and popularity wise. chevy had better luck with the camaro in the "pony car" arena. the camaro was designed as the the equal to the pony car that ford invented in the mustang, and the chevelle was created to compete with the big block mopar on the 1/4. the II was out before them all, but the II lacked a purpose, it was not innovative or marketed as such. the switch in 68 was designed to be a watered down more economical version of the true pony cars. it was meant to beat ford at their own game of successfully marketing a poor mans sport car. chevy did make a susbstantial attempt at the big power crowd with the SS power plants in the nova's but the chassis was never meant for that purpose and it shows in my opinion (there was more nova's without v8's produced than with v'8s thats what the engineers where instructed to do with the nova).
i respect the chevyII and the nova and it was, is, and always will be a great car, but it is what it is...:D.

·
Registered
91 Posts
introduction

hello my name is mark im 27 ( i know young punk) but i work at a automotive speed and machine shop i build cylinder heads i own a 69 nova its not that great looking right now but it runs good ive built a 489 all roller bbc for it th 400 3500 stall and 12 bolt 4;88 gears i love novas and gto's i own a 69 also but mostly love engine building and drag racing even though my buddies are cicle track guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Intro

Hello everyone and you Ford lovers to. My name is Sam 49 years old married for 26 years to a keeper named Ruth, lived in SW Missouri most of my life. Just moved to South Texas near Houston, love it hear. Ive Loved novas since my first car in highschool 62 sadan 327 street racer. Sold that car when i got married. In 2003 Ruth Said "Go back and look at that car in Spingfield just like the one you had in highschool" I did and been working on that 65 since then. Its backhalfed fat tire car alston ladder bar 9 inch 4.88 355 cid roller cam, Best run 11.41 at MoKan Dragway But thers still a lot left in the can if i can just learn how to open it up. best of luck to everyone out there... Ill be posting

·
Registered
76 Posts
Matthew here, 26 years old, married, 2 year old daughter. Been a euro guy since I was 16, but just recently started getting interested in american cars. Manager at a construction supply company, have a 77 Nova 250 L6, my cruiser and daily driver, bone stock till the wife gets a new car and the nova can be parked for a while. Also have a 1988 Jetta GLI 1.8L 16v, my quick n nimble german rocket. Jetta is pretty much fully built, all thats left to do performance wise is either add boost or drop a vr6 into it. :yes:

·
Registered
1 Posts

my name is rickey posey from Jemison AL I am restoring a 67 chevy nova ss
and a 67 camaro rs ss. need help finding rocker panel mouldings and console
for nova ss this is a 4 speed car. new at this site but looking forward to
meeting lots of folks.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ken is the name, married and empty nester @ 49 yrs 5 years back. Originally from Cambridge Ontario Can. Move to Calgary Alberta Can back in 1983 so I've lived in western Canada over half my life now.
I'm a flat rate Auto Body mechanic at one of the top shops in Calgary making a good living. Got into hot rods and drag racing with a 1970 1/2 Formula 400 Ram Air III when my wife and I first got married. Got a little bored with the drag scene when I watched one of the amature stock car races on the other side here at Race City Speedway here in Calgary.
With the very few ET passes we were getting because of the numbers in bracket racing I left to build a oval track car for the 1/2 mile paved oval in 89.
Left the amature stock car ranks as there were rules on how many times you could win before you were forced to move up to the next class.
1994 I was told to move up or risk getting the car claimed so the last 4 races I posted a respectable 4th place in CASCAR Street Stocks the last four races of the season.
1995 was my first full season in Streets, of nine races to which I only won one race I did however take the rookie of the year award and the championship by 4 points. Was the first at Race City to get a championship the rookie of the year.
Raced on and off the next six years building trailers and a new car never being out of the top three. 2002 was my final year in Cascar Street Stocks with taking the championship for the second time.
With the B.S. politics and mismanagement at our home track and no sponsorship offers to move up I retired and sold out as reigning champ.
Since then I've been into modding different quads, camping hunting, did three years in MAC TOOLS. MAC was sort of fun and interesting but could make twice what I was making back on the bench.
Back to straightening sheet metal and frames since November last year. Love being back on the tools.

Posted this photo earlier from 2001. 01 was my tribute to Dale paint scheme even though I wasn't his biggest fan. Don't have a scanned photo of my last year in 02. Same car just with the Harvick paint scheme. I would go back to the oval in a minute but it has since been closed down

I was a very fortunate fella with my main sponsor also being my employer Jack Carter Chev Olds Cadillac. I had the run of the place for a number of years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
new guy

hi, just joined, my name is ted, and i was turned onto this site by The big Al.

just picked up a nova that i plan to race in the supercar races series.

this is a stock appearing racing series and its a blast!

i will be building a 69 L89 nova!
nice site, hoping to find info i may need, and meet like minded nova fans!

thanks,
ted

1 - 20 of 247 Posts