Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a cpp mini sub frame and zero offset disc brakes up front with dual master cyl,rear brakes are drum,blead all brakes,even took off calipher and compressed but the left front calipher keeps hanging up,called Mike at cpp and he said i'd have to send it back to get it inspected,any ideas,thanks oilman

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sounds familiar.......I have the exact same setup, and a mini subframe kit. Right caliper works good, left hangs and brakes squeal when driven for a distance. After the glaze is worn off they aren't as loud, but when I leave from a stop you can hear them until they eventually back off enough.

My wheel bearings were loose at first, but even after that was taken care of they still aren't working right.

I'm thinking the caliper is binding slightly. I have other issues at the moment with my setup that need to be addressed before I even get to the brakes.

·
Registered
906 Posts
i did a cpp mini sub frame and zero offset disc brakes up front with dual master cyl,rear brakes are drum,blead all brakes,even took off calipher and compressed but the left front calipher keeps hanging up,called Mike at cpp and he said i'd have to send it back to get it inspected,any ideas,thanks oilman
are these the oversize s/10 calipers by any chance??????is the brass fitting going into the left brake hose from the master plumbed strait into the hose leading to the caliper? or is the line from the master plumbed to feed the left caliper with the fluid makeing a 90 degree turn from the brass fitting??it makes a differance
don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts