Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that LED taillights are now available for 68-69 Nova's at:

http://www.shiny-hiney.com/camchev.html

I looked at their installation instructions and they show pictures of the LED board installed. It seems awfully small compared to the body of the light fixture itself.

Since it screws into the existing frame/reflector, I am concerned about aiming them and possibly ruining the whole assembly if they don't work out.

Anyone tried these out yet and tell me/us how they look and fit?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Those look like the ones from...uh...crap what's their name...I forget, but I think the company in the link you posted gets them from the place I got mine, or vice versa. If that makes sense. Anyway, I bought those same lights and it's pretty much impossible to install them wrong. The way they're made makes it so that there's only one way for them to mount. Everyone that's seen my car says the lights are super bright.

The fit was great, but the instructions weren't too good with wiring them up. I had to guess at it, but I got it on the first try. :)

Anyway, I'll go snap some pictures for ya. Tomorrow I'll snap a couple more for daytime lighting.

Matt

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
tpinovaII said:
Yeah!!

The sad thing is, I just threw out the box and instructions about a week ago. :eek:

They had some good customer service. Good company.

K, here's a couple pics. Looks like my license plate light is a bit dim. :p

Tailight:

Brake Light:

Matt

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! Thanks for the pictures.

I had tried to search on 'Technostalgia" the other day and didn't come up with anything. But then maybe I mis-spelled it.

Anyway, looks like something to pursue.

I did find similar lights for Camaros, which had similar small tail lights, and they even come with the ability to sequence them! Don't know if I would want my little tail lights to sequence across and try to look like a Thunderbird though. I don't think it would have the same effect as a 18 inch wide tail light.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Well, here's a couple daytime shots. I was hoping for the taillights to be in direct sunlight, but the tree got in the way. :eek:

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts