Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running LED headlights on their 3rd Gens? If so, which is the standard “go to” light for a direct replacement? Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I used LED halo's from Octane lighting 7 inch. You will have to modify and open up the headlight buckets some to fit, but nothing major.

I bought a 15 dollar ebay harness that plugs into the stock headlight harness and runs 2 relay battery fed plugs that increase brightness and power feed.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You know, I've always wanted to grab a pair of 7" round halogen conversion lights and convert them to a true, projector-style headlight by retrofitting in some HID or LED projector housings. Something like these come to mind to have a place to start cutting. :yes:

Based on my experience with other vehicles (read: modern/import stuff), "plug and play" LED bulbs are typically nothing more than money sinks and ricer mods. The beam patterns get screwy and annoying to oncoming traffic, and they don't really help focus light any at all.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You know, I've always wanted to grab a pair of 7" round halogen conversion lights and convert them to a true, projector-style headlight by retrofitting in some HID or LED projector housings. Something like these come to mind to have a place to start cutting. :yes:

Based on my experience with other vehicles (read: modern/import stuff), "plug and play" LED bulbs are typically nothing more than money sinks and ricer mods. The beam patterns get screwy and annoying to oncoming traffic, and they don't really help focus light any at all.
It isn't plug and play for our cars, but yes if you want to spend a ton the quality will definitely be better

https://www.octanelighting.com/prod...eye-headlights-6k-6000kpair-035-w-3rd-gen-7fs

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've got a pair of Truk-lite Phase 7 led headlights. They are plug and play and work amazingly well. Money very well spent.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, I figured they made simple replacements by now. I didn’t realize you still need to fab up something or use relays. So, if I wanna shop around I look for 7” lights?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s more like what I’m talking about. What kind of mods did you have to make to your headlight buckets? I thought for sure by now somebody would make a simple drop in LED headlight by now.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
That’s more like what I’m talking about. What kind of mods did you have to make to your headlight buckets? I thought for sure by now somebody would make a simple drop in LED headlight by now.
The headlights are alittle deeper, so you just have to make the hole in the center of the buckets a bit larger. I just used tin snips and cut a bigger hole. the headlights themself are plug and play. I wired the Halo to the parking lights.

I did NOT wire up the turnsignal halo.........they can flash orange with your turn signals but i thought that was alittle too much haha :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts