Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

my LED gauges are sitting in the spot where my radio is sitting and here is my dilemma. Sunday, I was doing my usual weekly warm-up of the car and it was in the bright afternoon sun. I was sitting in the car, without a windshield, and I could barely see the LED gauges. I had to hold my hand over the top of the gauge to see what it was reading.

My questions are these:

1. Is there an in-line booster that could be installed to brighten the LEDs?

2. Would the windshield be enough of a block to keep some sun out so that
gauges can be read during the daylight?

3. Do I need to find some other type of gauges?

4. Or, find another location for the gauges?

I am trying to keep all the gauges within eye sight on my 66 so I am not taking my eyes off the road for more than a second.

In advance, thanks for the help.

Dan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure about your LEDs, but i recently retired from a transportation department and we have been using leds in the traffic signals for about 6 years. Down here in the south the heat (90-100+ degrees) was eating them up and we had to change the colors of the signal heads to lighter colors to attempt to keep them cooler. Initially, we asked some of the manufacturers to add an amplifier to boost the light output. Problem was this 'drove' them to fail even faster as it caused the temps to go up. I don't know if this is still the case, however you might be advised to contact the manufacturer about these things.

Good luck and hope this helps....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts