Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a leaky rearend and no its not a medical problem.:D I just put new gears in my 9" Ford and I have a small leak between the yoke and the pinion support.
My question is, can I remove the pinion nut, pull the yoke, replace the seal and put it back together and still use the crush sleeve that's in there or do I have to take it all apart again?

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I've got a leaky rearend and no its not a medical problem.:D I just put new gears in my 9" Ford and I have a small leak between the yoke and the pinion support.
My question is, can I remove the pinion nut, pull the yoke, replace the seal and put it back together and still use the crush sleeve that's in there or do I have to take it all apart again?
You need a new crush sleeve, or some leafy greens!:D:yes:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok how about this, can I just unbolt the pinion support and slide that out as a unit without removing the entire center section and having to redo the backlash on the ring gear?

If I can, how about a way to hold the pinion pilot bearing up just a hair to slide the pinion in place? Could I use a dab of grease?

·
4,534 Posts
yes you can remove the support only and yes grease works just fine.

Miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts