Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I ordered the summit leaf spring mounts for a rear end I am putting in my nova and started wondering if I would run into any problems since I am using multi leaf springs
Fidgured i would ask you guys
thanks
Josh

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm confused on what your asking. Are the summit spring perches for a single mono leaf spring and your wondering if they will work on a multi leaf application? If so I couldn't tell ya.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
If you have Mono Springs

Hey I ordered the summit leaf spring mounts for a rear end I am putting in my nova and started wondering if I would run into any problems since I am using multi leaf springs
Fidgured i would ask you guys
thanks
Josh
Your going to have to buy the new weld on only axle housing perches for the rear, thats exactly where Im at, I have a brand new set of multileafs, and a Mono leaf car, BUT before I can put them in, I need a 90 dollar KIT, and then an 80 Dollar set of axle mounts " perches " and then I need to grind my old ones off, and weld the new ones on, such a huige PITA my cars rear is dragging the ground still
LOL

Steve

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
humm interisting
My question was if a universal spring perch would work with multi leaf springs
No where do they say that they will not work
But i Noticed that one company sells multi leaf spring perches also
thats why I was confused
I will just try and use what I ordered I do not see a reason it will not work
Josh

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Use the basic spring perches $20 and ditch the G.M. spring perch design that's used with the rubber insulators. If you're throwing any amount of power at this you don't want to use the rubber insulators. We tried polyurthane insulators on my Son's multileaf setup and also cracked them, so now he is running with no insulators and we added a steel spacer to the spring pack to make up the thickness difference-rearend is solid mounted on the springs with no rubber etc... and it works great. Also use two U bolts and get rid of the T-bolts!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks I just wasnt sure If the ones I ordered (universal summit brand mounts) were going to work with the multi leaf springs
I havent been running any rubber for a while now
Thanks everyone
Josh

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Hey Josh I have a universal perch on my multi leaf car, it's a small pad about 3" X 5" and sits directly on the leafs unlike OE.

Here's a pic.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet thanks that picture makes me not worry about what I ordered
Appreciate it man
Josh

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
NPHNP glad to help!