Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
74 Nova going to Hotchkis 1.5 lowering leaf spring kit...
Directions show a picture showing two types of front leaf mounting brackets and that you need or want the ones that tuck the eye of the leaf spring up into the floor board more...
I thought mine were tucked...then finally looked at pics and was proven wrong..
Ordered the correct ones (for a 67-69 Camaro)..
Had to elongate holes a little in the brackets, no biggie.
Top pic..what u don't want..with the Hotchkis kit.

IMG_20200317_122348534.jpg
Original Nova bracket..screwdriver pointing to pocket that doesn't exist on Camaro bracket.
IMG_20200322_141123132.jpg
Camaro bracket..screwdriver pointing to no pocket..it sits deeper into the floorboard..about 5/8"s I believe.
IMG_20200322_141133725.jpg
Original Nova one on left, Camaro on right.
IMG_20200321_144412722.jpg
I know this has been discussed somewhat before but figured I'd ad my observations and experience..
I considered modifying the Nova one and drilling holes higher up but I don't think it'd work very well..the new holes for the bolt would be up like where the pocket is..hence the Camaro not having the pocket..instead it's flush against the floorboard.
I'll also add..I'm curious as to when or why the change..?
Cosmetic? ride height changes...?
Multi leaf vs mono options etc..?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aaanndd I just discovered today the Detroit Speed Engineering shock mount plates holes are too small and don't quite line up with the ubolts provided in the Hotchkis Kit..
Also the holes on the perches of the axle assembly were too small for the u bolts..(drilled those out yesterday..)
The Detroit Speed plates were pretty thick though..broke out the torch to elongate them, then touched up with die grinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts