Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova SS, 350, 4 speed, 12 bolt, A/C, P/B, P/S,
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, working on replacing leaf springs in my 69. On the passenger side the front bolt on the leaf bucket is loose and just spins but won't come out. Is there a bolt I can get to under the back seat or is there somewhere else I need to look? Hate to try and pull the rear seat if I don't need to. Thanks all....

·
Registered
1972 Nova
705 Posts
If you can get a thin screwdriver in from the bottom to hold things until you can unbolt it, I would do that. You might have to cut the bolt, as the j-clip that GM decided in their infinite wisdom to use has broken. I was welding up patches for my floor so I just cut that portion of the floor away, but if you're hesitant to pull the rear seat I'm guessing you don't want to go that route.

·
Registered
1973 2 door sedan 350 / 350
399 Posts
Reactions: lg1969ss

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Cutting the head off of the bolt is probably the simplest solution. But you could also modify (bend) a cheap wrench to slip in over the top to hold the nut, then replace all the hardware with the stuff that bowtieZone suggested above.
When you replace the hardware, though, make sure not to over-tighten the bolts. I know, they hold the rear suspension together, but they only need about 35 ft/lbs. of torque.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.