Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disassembled the rear end and found someone had replaced one of the preach bolts with a bolt through a square nut from the top and used a lug nut on the bottom side to hold it together.

I need to find one stock mono leaf spring mounting bolt and nut ? Any ideas ??

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
providing the bolt that is installed is of the proper size & grade the T bolt isn't required... using a lug nut says they used a fine thread bolt which sounds fine. the square head may have been used to prevent rotating... not saying it's mickey-mouse, lots of folks 86 the T bolts and use either a U bolt (especially with lowering blocks) or a std style hex or allen style bolt...

it should be at least a 7/16" bolt... if it's at least a grade 5 or higher you're probably fine...

if a single T bolt is all ya need and you're wanting it just because that's the way it is... i might have a floater in my shop i could mail your way...

lemme know what ya wanna do...

:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bolt

The square nut was used as a spacer to take up the extra shank on the bolt they used. I would like to put it back together with the stock tee bolt and nut if possible, as this was the only one bolt that is not stock.

If you have one stock tee bolt and nut that would be great !

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
PM me your mailing info... i'll try and get it to ya by next (not THIS) Christmas. :devil:

just kidding... PM me your info ;)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Ditch the T-bolts and run four U-bolts-way better, way stronger, and less chance of breaking a perch weld if you're running some power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts