Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of redoing my 66 with a TMI interior and headliner. Since the headliner is vinyl wrapped fiberglass I thought that the overhead console like the one in my '19 Charger would be a nice addition. Purchased a used one on eBay and then started to see how to attach it to the headliner. I had to make a custom base since the profiles were different and I needed a little extra space. Finished that and now I am attempting to make the wiring work. I have figured out the HomeLink circuit and wires (separate 12v hot and ground wire) and the interior map lights but cannot seem to get the map lights which light up when the door is opened to work with my stock dome light harness on my benchtop. I wanted to get all the wiring figured out before I install the headliner with the console.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ross

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dean, I have attached some pics of my plug that goes into the console and I believe the console is from a 2014 Charger. The map lights and door lights are the same lamp. You push the actual lamp cover to make the map light illuminate and that is the Yellow/Lt Blue wire. The Ground is the Black/Green wire and the switched door wire is the Yellow/Purple wire. The other 2 wires White/Green and Orange/Gray and I could not determine what they do unless they are controlled the delay/dim to off module?
Console-base1.jpg
Console 1.jpg

When I switched the Nova harness Orange-12v power lead (made it the ground) and the White ground controlled by the door switch lead (made it power) on my Nova harness I was able to get stock Nova dome light and Dodge dome lights to work together. Hooked up as stock from the Nova harness the door switched lights would not work.

Since I am doing this on a work bench with a 12v power supply and not using the actual headlight switch, this may be the problem. Ideally I would like the Dodge overhead console lights to illuminate with the dome light when the door opens and retain independent of the door/dome light, the map light function.

The Homelink is a separate circuit and that was easy to identify and get to operate.

Thanks,
Ross

1 - 3 of 3 Posts