Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I made my run up to Chevy2Only this weekend along with the swap meet in Louisville. I am really excited that I now have all my new sheet metal and can get down to the business of starting to put this car back together. It's gonna be a lot of work, but well worth it when done. I'm gonna need lots of help from you guys over the next months to come. Along with putting in all this new metal, I am also doing a mini tub as well. Here's what I brought back.
New center trunk pan

New rear tail panel

New full SS floor pan and new toeboard/fiewall section

And in the box: New 2" cowl hood :D

New rear deck panel

I got lots to do!!!!:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, post pictures...."that we may live vicariously through your build"....:D

Might want to start a thread in the Car profiles forum - Nova Projects at the top of the page so we can all keep up.

Good luck...

T,
Thanks TomM. You guys can live vicariously through my build and I can live vicariously through those who actually have a car to drive.:)
I just checked out the new forum, didn't even know about it. That's a great idea as a place to follow builds and find others who are in similar situations. Very cool. I will be starting a thread there soon.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
What a haul!!! You are set to go. Man, a full pan, thats gonna be a nice build up. Cant wait to see it come along... JR

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts
Pretty impressive already! I'm wishing that the rear tail light panel was available when I re did my car. Those panels look like Dynacorn? If so I was extremly pleased with the quality.

Good luck, take your time and may you have a lot of patience.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Thanks TomM. You guys can live vicariously through my build and I can live vicariously through those who actually have a car to drive.:)
I just checked out the new forum, didn't even know about it. That's a great idea as a place to follow builds and find others who are in similar situations. Very cool. I will be starting a thread there soon.
I hear you......didn't always have a car to drive......mine spent quite a few months on jack stands........most guys here can feel your pain. Stay the course, you are going to have a nice hot rod when you are done......:yes:

T,

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats some good looking parts Todd. I should have done it right 10 years ago when i rebuilt my chevy 2. my trunk floor is pitted and has a few pin holes that i patched.
Roy, I've seen your car, and it is one clean 66. I only hope mine is half that nice some day.

Pretty impressive already! I'm wishing that the rear tail light panel was available when I re did my car. Those panels look like Dynacorn? If so I was extremly pleased with the quality.

Good luck, take your time and may you have a lot of patience.
Yes, I think everything except the hood is Dynacorn. I haven't had time to mock fit anything yet, but I am pleased with the way the stuff looks and feels so far.
Unfortunately, patience is not one of my better qualities, but I am learning. Many of the parts I am replacing probably could have been patched instead, but considering my limited metal working skills and the fact that pretty good replacement parts are available, I decided to go this route. I think it will ultimately save me time and I know that I will have brand new metal where it needs to be. I plan on keeping this car for a long time and even passing it on to my son some day, so all the work now will be worth it.
Thanks guys for the encouragement.

·
Registered
35 Posts
question on parts

gota66 im getting ready to start my 66 project and was wondering if thery are selling the firewall and floor pan together as one piece? and if so how much getting ready to head down to chevy2only myself

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gota66 im getting ready to start my 66 project and was wondering if thery are selling the firewall and floor pan together as one piece? and if so how much getting ready to head down to chevy2only myself
Actually, they don't sell the full floor and firewall piece together that I know of. I had actually ordered 2 full halfs with the 7" toeboard at first, but when I saw the full floors with all the bracing and supports already in place, I decided to go that route. The firewall piece makes it really nice because it lays nicely on the front seam of the full pan so you really have no patching. It was a little pricey that way, but I think it will be easier to put in with a nice result.

Boy,we know who has the money around here don't we.Looks like fun,full scale model car.:D
No, Roger, guys who have the money buy really sweet complete L-79 cars.:D I wish they made a snap-tight version of my car.:yes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts