Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you guys have laid under your cars hanging plumb bobs to find the exact location of suspension points.
Well it seems a plumb bob with a laser in the bottom would make locating the "dot" on the floor much easier.
Anyone know of one??

RED67:chev:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
RED67 said:
I know many of you guys have laid under your cars hanging plumb bobs to find the exact location of suspension points.
Well it seems a plumb bob with a laser in the bottom would make locating the "dot" on the floor much easier.
Anyone know of one??

I have never ran across such a thing but havent really thought to look either. Make 'em!! I'll by a few.:D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
that seems like a good idea...if you were to take a typical plumb bob and machine a hole in the absolute center of it so that a laser pointer could be inserted that would be cool because it is sometimes a big PITA to determine exactly where it is and trying to mark it at the same time

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Funny thing I was looking in a home depo add and they had one advertised on sale over the weekend. I can't remember the name brand right now but it's probably in their store next to the stud finders....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Laser gun sighters

Yea,New2 that's exactly what I'm considering.Not sure the cheap pointers will be "dead center" and the gun sighters I've looked at (not cheap) are much too long to hang under a car:(
The carpenter "laser plumb bobs" may be hard to line up with the suspension arms :confused:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I used a 5 way carpenter laser to locate and center my narrowed rear. Worked great and this one was about 70 bucks three years ago. They are cheaper now.
This one was accurate to within 1/8 in. within 60 feet.
Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts