Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so I've decided I'm going to take the 13s off my 1964 400 sedan and go with 14s instead of 15s. I don't want to do any mods for larger tires. IMO I think 14s with lots of rubber look better than 15s with barely any rubber. I'm going to put chevy style steels in 14 x 5 or 6. What is the largest 14" tire I can fit with no rub? I'm not so much looking for width, but rather plenty of sidewall. I would like a semi-aggressive tread that is "squared-off" looking on the tread edge rather than round and sporty if that makes any sense. So kind of a bias-ply looking tire but in a radial with kind of a knobbed tread.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Pat

did you look at the top of this page -- "Wheel / Tire fitment" Sticky

could fine a picture of what those 'wheels would look like' ......

just, didn't know if u saw that ...... FYI

jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look through it. A lot to comb through there with most folks talking about 15" on up though. Thanks

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Since you didn't get a lot of response, here is a combo that is a safe bet for a 62-65.

Front: 14x5 with 3" BS and a 185/75R14 tire
Rear: 14x6 with 4" BS and a 215/70R14 tire

Here's what that combo looks like on my car:

Hope this helps. You might be able to get away with a 225/70R14 on the rear. On my car, I'd have plenty of room on the passenger side, but tight on driver side. The combo above never rubbed at all (anywhere, ever).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts