Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anybody here at the Lansdale show? Saw a bunch of Novas, but spent a major portion of the night fixing a trailer tire blowout :eek:
M

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If anyone here has any 'pull' with the Lansdale organizers, maybe we can suggest that they park the Novas together like they do the Camaro's and 'vettes? There were easily as many Novas there this year as Camaro's, and we could simply park in the straight line across from the Camaro's down on the end. Just boot the Brit's that are currently there to a side street :D
M

·
Registered
567 Posts
YENKO DEUCE REG said:
If anyone here has any 'pull' with the Lansdale organizers, maybe we can suggest that they park the Novas together like they do the Camaro's and Novas? There were easily as many Novas there this year as Camaro's, and we could simply park in the straight line across from the Camaro's down on the end. Just boot the Brit's that are currently there to a side street :D
M
Unfortunately, trying to deal with Jay (fire chief who runs it) is like trying to mix oil and water. I have tried over the past years to "suggest" some changes to no avail. I am probably not going to return next year (but will make that decision next year) and I know quite a few people who stated that they will not return either. The way they ran this year's show was absurd!!!! I have donw that show with different cars since the first one they did in 1990, and this by far was the worst year!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? I have attended for years, but this was only my second year bringing my car. They were apologizing for some sort of delay at the beginning of the show when they started handing out the gold - but I was so engrossed in getting my trailer tire repaired so I could get my car unloaded that I didn't notice any issues with parking the cars. The gaggle of cars in the 'staging area' is a wreck, especially for guys like me who come from a distance, and need to park a 50+ foot rig to unload :rolleyes:

So what went wrong?
M

·
Registered
567 Posts
YENKO DEUCE REG said:
Really? I have attended for years, but this was only my second year bringing my car. They were apologizing for some sort of delay at the beginning of the show when they started handing out the gold - but I was so engrossed in getting my trailer tire repaired so I could get my car unloaded that I didn't notice any issues with parking the cars. The gaggle of cars in the 'staging area' is a wreck, especially for guys like me who come from a distance, and need to park a 50+ foot rig to unload :rolleyes:

So what went wrong?
M
The delay in the beginning was a guy who collapsed and they had to bring in an ambulance. The staging area IS a mess!! I go early because I am in pro street, so my car is stuck up Green St by the trophy table, and the lighting sucks. I go early so that I am closer to Main St. I also trailered this year, but dropping the car off at 10:30 am helps!!:D

The problems......the staging area for one (but you already know that), the judging this year was REALLY screwed up. It would take toooo long to try and type out, but consider this, 3 cars that I know of that typically win either first or best of show at EVERY show they go to didn't win anything:eek: , cars getting crammed into certain areas but then having open areas that they could've used to spread things out, etc. (I could go on and on). I have been taking a car there or participated in some fashion since the very first one they did, I did not like I lot of things this year as I mentioned(and believe me, there is more). Just my opinion but the other factor is where pro street gets parked. I think the show needs some fine tuning, that's all I am saying. Could I improve it, hell yea(I have helped plan a few shows in the past), but my suggestions fall on deaf ears.:shh:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand your points - I'm in 'factory stock' class, so we get sent to the very, very end of the line where nobody feels like walking to! I've learned to come in late so I get a better parking spot towards the middle of the show. This year I parrellel parked on the other side of the street instead of backing in at an angle - gave me more room on the sidewalk to lay out the chairs!

The staging area about kills the show :(
M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts