Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body running a Lakewood bellhousing on a small block in a 63?
What is your pressure plate and disk set up?
Thanx
Don

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twisted6
I was pondering the 11 Ram set up before you answered.
Just did not know if the chevyII lakewood would acommidate the 11"

Thanx
Don

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm running a Ram Long style (3finger) six Plated/Pad disk.(metallic disk) A disk You wouldn't want for the street And IT will surly EAT up a stock type Fly wheel in a heart Beat. It's the Only thing that would Live behind my L6.
I tried a center force It didn't Last but about 6-8 runs And They would Back it Up. Because I didn't put their so Called braken miles on it(500 miles) I still don't think it would have lived anyway. Hell a set of 31 spline axle didn't LMAO
But the new strange 33s are living just fine for now?????( who knows what May happen to them with this new motor heheh;)

Ps it' mounted to a 168 tooth flywheel so yes it does fit. BUT You can NOT Use The after market Fork

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
So I could buy a 11" V8 flywheel and a lakewood bellhousing and it will bolt up to my 194 six? The mounting holes for l6 and v8 are the same for the flywheel right?

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yes BUT you may have to redrill you block for the Other starter. If you block does not have it drilled for both starters. and for that 194 you really don't need that big of a clutch. you can use the small block 153 flywheel and Not have to change starters.
I had to go that big Because My 250 is far from stock and the dyaphram cltuch would NOT hold it.
You also have to use your stock fork the after market fork will not work in the chevyII bodys that you see in Jegs or sumitt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts