Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a ladderbar and coilover setup in my 65 Nova.
When I burnout with the linelock set the rear of the car moves
hard to the passenger side. I'm new at this and need suggestions
for adjustments to correct this.
Thanks..

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
A 4 wheel alignment will make sure the rear is actually square under the car and not pointing a little to the right.:yes:

·
Registered
508 Posts
YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE REAR END IS SQUARE!! adding to the coilover is going to do nothing in terms of the car moving left or right. you might have more preload on the driver side which will intern try to drive a little harder the other direction. if you pull the front bolts out you should be able to remove them without any trouble. if you have to fight it a little up or down, it will have perload. you want to set it to 0 to sart with. does the car leave straight or does it move around?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE REAR END IS SQUARE!! adding to the coilover is going to do nothing in terms of the car moving left or right. you might have more preload on the driver side which will intern try to drive a little harder the other direction. if you pull the front bolts out you should be able to remove them without any trouble. if you have to fight it a little up or down, it will have perload. you want to set it to 0 to sart with. does the car leave straight or does it move around?
Thanks for the help.
I haven't been out of the driveway yet. I took the front bolts out. They didn't
move any direction. I measured with a tape measure from front to back to
square it up. I'm a backyard,shadetree, tinkerer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts