Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k I'm trying to get my Nova track legal and the rules state this (ladder bar cars must have restraining strap around front attachment point) my question is what do these look like and how do they mount. I searched the web and I know were I can get them but no pics. My Nova was built around the late 90's and and the setup is kinda old school.:eek:.
I'll try to get some pics of my setup tonite or tommorrow. Daddy daycare limits my time:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
O.k I'm trying to get my Nova track legal and the rules state this (ladder bar cars must have restraining strap around front attachment point) my question is what do these look like and how do they mount. I searched the web and I know were I can get them but no pics. My Nova was built around the late 90's and and the setup is kinda old school.:eek:.
I'll try to get some pics of my setup tonite or tommorrow. Daddy daycare limits my time:D:D:D
This is the Chassisworks version...they weld onto either side the ladder bar to hold the bar in place in case of a rod end failure, so you don't pole vault your vehicle:

Item: 6238
Description:
Details: LADDER-BAR DUAL SUPPORT FOR 6200, 6201 ,6219
For maximum safety, Number 6238 dual-style-ladder-bar supports should be used with Standard or Adjustable Battle Cruiser ladder bars to contain the ladder bar in the event of a front-rod-end failure.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I assume the bolt sits loose. The hole in the tab is for a 3/8 bolt and the bolt holes in the brackets are for a 3/4 bolt.
Correct me if I'm wrong, its all new to me the car I raced 20 years ago only had leafs and traction bars.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Looks to me like the lower section of the safety strap has been sawed off to gain wrench access to the jam nut.
Do not try to align and bolt together those extra bolt holes

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Looks to me like the lower section of the safety strap has been sawed off to gain wrench access to the jam nut.
Do not try to align and bolt together those extra bolt holes
That's what I'm thinking.. The bottom should have another bracket like that and there should be a strap connecting them around the rod end.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
The only ones I know of that are legal will not allow the LB to disconnect if the rodend fails. Lots of ways to do that but whatever it is it must keep the LB connected in all directions if the rodend fails. RM

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
That's what I'm thinking.. The bottom should have another bracket like that and there should be a strap connecting them around the rod end.

Thanks for the pic,:D that explains the missing bracket CoolII was talking about.
I assume the rod ends break more than the mounting bolt because if the mounting bolt ever broke the LB can still slip out the bottom or through the bracket still.
I was asking my neighbor about this, He used to race Top Fuel back in 78-80
at English town and other tracks in the region, He held a record there in 78 or 79. I guess according to him Safety back then is not like it is today.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
whats up Tub?? this John, where do u plan on going???? if sac, most likely they wont check that. my setup was done in the 80's & they let me run, probably not the safest but it held up, but then again u got them big tires & probably more power than me.... maybe u should put them on, unless u think they'll hold up....

JOHN

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey! John, I don't think I have that much power it's just a mild built 383.
I was going to take it to Infineon (Really Sears Point it will always be:D) I just wanted to see what it can do so I can have an excuse for making it go faster.:D
Sac is to far. I'm only about 30 minutes from Sears Point, so driving the Nova there and back is no problem (no trailer) unless something breaks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.