Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the approximate labor time to remove OE rear differential/springs/hangers etc. and then install a
TCI street-strip 4-link rear suspension with 9 inch Ford differential in a 63 Nova?

·
Registered
799 Posts
I just did exactly this install last month. If you are not mini tubing the car, you are looking at 2 full days. If you have a lift , it will be a plus, but won't take much time off. It will save your back. I did mine on my lift.
If you are mini tubing , add 3 days. I mini tubbed using DSE tubs.
It goes together very easily, but, like anything, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST, so that you are familiar with the steps . Also , layout all parts , prior to install and check off each item , to insure you have everything.
Don't be shy to use TECH SUPPORT , if you have a question. Their TECH SUPPORT is great. I had a question , called in & was speaking with Evan Dailley, the guy who runs their slalom car. A super guy & very knowledgeable.
Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The most time consuming part for me was removing the leaf spring, bump stop and e- brake brackets. Cleanly cutting the spot welds takes time. It should take about 2-3 days on a lift. Then once installed count on another week taking it all out to paint or powder coat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts