Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hurry up guys looks like there is still spots open for the drag racing part of this event on memeorial day :eek: hurry up and register at www.losangelesinvasion.com lets see how many socal guys that drag race can show up :yes: its 60.00 bucks for all day test n tune from 9am to 6pm there only letting in 150 cars youve got until may 15th to register :yes:

·
Registered
761 Posts
hurry up guys looks like there is still spots open for the drag racing part of this event on memeorial day :eek: hurry up and register at www.losangelesinvasion.com lets see how many socal guys that drag race can show up :yes: its 60.00 bucks for all day test n tune from 9am to 6pm there only letting in 150 cars youve got until may 15th to register :yes:
Jim I dont think im going to make it :no: with the car .. how much is it to watch?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
jim, is your car actually going to be out there? i figured out why my car wasn't hooking by watching video in slow motion. ordered shocks to correct it. i'm also going to be a little more liberal with my clutch settings. the way i understand it, i had way too much base pressure and it still bogged the motor a little.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I will be there #33 , my first 1/4 mile pass with the Nova :yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jim, is your car actually going to be out there? i figured out why my car wasn't hooking by watching video in slow motion. ordered shocks to correct it. i'm also going to be a little more liberal with my clutch settings. the way i understand it, i had way too much base pressure and it still bogged the motor a little.
yes im actually taking the car out there :yes: ordered my front shocks today so we will see what happens

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
tell you the truth i dont know how much it is

It's $7 or $10

How quick should your car be, Jim? I think I have my rear shock problem fixed (Rancho 9000's on setting 7 in place of the Comp Engineering. Will tune as necessary) and I took a few degrees of pinion angle out of the car. This was all on Calvert's recommendation. I might try setting 5 or 6, as I was told a couple things by the guys at Calvert. Pinion angle is 5*. Hopefully I get the car to hook up finally. I ordered a scale to play with counterweight and know exactly what I'm looking at in terms of counterweight. Also, I figured out (by talking to the previous owner) how to set up my clutch. I had way way way too much base pressure in it. I'll run it at Irwindale next Thursday. Hopefully I can get this thing to hook.

Bob-

I'll be excited to see your car run. You should be clicking off some low 12 second times, if not faster. If I remember right, you have a 3.55 gear? That might be part of why your car wasn't doing so well in the 1/8 mile if that is your gear. You'll probably see a better 1/4 mile than your 1/8 mile indicates.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well aron if everything goes good and i get a decent 60ftr i should run in the low 12s at 110 to 115 this is my local track so i always run there and its very consistant last time there it ran a number of 12.10s at 115 i think i did 5 of them i have to look at my timeslips and i think im leaving lazy i think the car is quicker :yes: but the driver isnt :no: so im going to set my car on kill mode and try a new approach :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
sweet i wanna line up with ya :devil: if you dont care
Jim, absolutely, let's do it! :yes: I'll be at Irwindale tonite, looking for more traction after adding some gap to the snubbers on my slapper bars. If that doesn't do it, I think it's time to get new ET streets.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Bob-

I'll be excited to see your car run. You should be clicking off some low 12 second times, if not faster. If I remember right, you have a 3.55 gear? That might be part of why your car wasn't doing so well in the 1/8 mile if that is your gear. You'll probably see a better 1/4 mile than your 1/8 mile indicates.

Aron,
Ya, my gear is actually 3.50 (9"). I have run as fast as 7.81 at Irwindale which would put me in low 12s, but can't do it consistently. Hope to see you out there tonite.:yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aron,
Ya, my gear is actually 3.50 (9"). I have run as fast as 7.81 at Irwindale which would put me in low 12s, but can't do it consistently. Hope to see you out there tonite.:yes:
yep youll be right next to me doing this :waving: :D i run those numbers too

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aron you do know i will want to see if your brake lights work right :yes: since im going to line up against you anyways :devil:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I saw Art (Evil65) last night at Irwindale, he said he just signed up for LA Invasion. :yes: :clap::clap::chev::jumping::jumping:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool there is another guy i know who has a blown nova i see he has signed up :yes: ... hes not a member of steves though i mentioned it to him but i dont know if he joined yet art (evil65 ) nows who im talking about :yes: we met him at psca spring break shoot out

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Do you guys know if their going to allow open headers at this event? I know the chevelle dropped 2 tenths with no exhaust and if i can do that with the nova it should put me in the 10.90's
I'm guessing they will go with "street legal" rules, which means no open exhaust. But they don't say that anywhere, so we will have to wait and see.

BTW, I noticed they may expand the signups to 165. Right now they are at 144 with one day left.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts