Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
13,982 Posts
Hey Chip, an 11637 is a 2 door hardtop V/8 Sport Coupe. The six cylinders were 11537:):).

Bob

·
Registered
583 Posts
I thought 116 meant 6 cyl? or was that in the first gen novas or I maybe mixing it up with the chevelle to bacasue 116 in the chevelle meant 6 cyl im pretty sure.

·
13,982 Posts
For 65-67 Chevy II:

11837 2 door hardtop V/8 SS
11737 2 door hardtop 6 cyl. SS

11637 2 door hardtop V/8 Sport Coupe
11537 2 door hardtop 6cyl. Sport Coupe

Bob

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ohhhh didnt know that thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
It appears to be a original L79 sport coupe, even though the carb, valve covers & various other parts are wrong. It needs alot of work & could be a good restoration project for someone...that is, if the price is right.

·
13,982 Posts
It appears to be a original L79 sport coupe, even though the carb, valve covers & various other parts are wrong. It needs alot of work & could be a good restoration project for someone...that is, if the price is right.
I agree. Body build and engine suffix dates match, as do engine and door jamb VINS. Not too many L79 Sport Coupes around. If a buyer could get it for a fair price and do much of the work himself, this could be a great car.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
I like it for that fact that it appears solid. You don't see that around here too much.

Of course, is the reserve is based on Museum prices, it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Looks as though it might have sold for $8750.00.......if so, I believe the buyer got a good deal on this car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts