Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My #'s matching car never got the W stamp on the 5 blade fan and now I realize the BB rad support never got date stamped either, but my Ohio L78 car did. I bought this car unrestored and before #'s matching was a factor up here, but I have all the GM paper work for the car as well as the tired L78 M20 and 12 now sport 514's:eek:.

Pretty odd or interesting.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should be under one of the head lamp locations, if I remember correctly it's the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Taz, My 70 L-34 did not have a W stamped on the back of the 5 blade fan either. Did your L78 come with the fan spacer in the assy. manual or was it bolted right to the water pump

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taz, My 70 L-34 did not have a W stamped on the back of the 5 blade fan either. Did your L78 come with the fan spacer in the assy. manual or was it bolted right to the water pump
They bolted directly to the punp, there was a revision and the spacer was not used on BB for 69 and 70, this is a common mistake, people thought they were used and they were not.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
L78 stuff..

Where do you guys find the time to look for all these numbers...???

Taz, you need to come over to my garage and organize all my car stuff, write down all the numbers and codes....you know, the works :rolleyes:

Bring some wax, too :D

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do you guys find the time to look for all these numbers...???

Taz, you need to come over to my garage and organize all my car stuff, write down all the numbers and codes....you know, the works :rolleyes:

Bring some wax, too :D
LOL!! That would be an interesting time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts