I read that an L33 is returnless system
My L33 came with two fuel lines, that were cut at motor

also looking to tank and I see alot of variation in price

does this tank get me what I need, looking for 400hp max from the L33

Product Circuit component Audio equipment Automotive lighting Font

·
Registered
674 Posts
That tank will do everything you need. You'll need to go to a single line returnless system. Maybe as simple as a fuel rail change or modification.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the lines that were on my engine
I'm wondering if one was a vent for emissions and not actually a return...just a guess

Twig Wire Electrical wiring Auto part Font

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes, it looks like the black hose is an evap line. The green cap is where you can test the system.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did just go and look to see where connector on black line goes, it is on top of intake right behind throttle body
so some sort of emissions but definitely not a return line

I had just seen the two cut lines beside each other and thought one was return line

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,256 Posts
I have basically the same system on my LS2 400hp for 4years with no issues. I would suggest not using rubber line the full length of the car. Tanks inc makes a lot simpler sending unit that doesn’t require any set up for about $50 more then the one in that kit.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Rim Electrical wiring Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help, its getting a bit clearer what I need

one other question
can I run the entire EFI tank setup, and then just use the bellow for regulator and go carbureted
it does say up to 255 lph pump, and at only 400hp I don't need that much pump when I do go EFI
I have so much to do on this car I had a thought of going carburetor on the LS to shorten the learning curve and go EFI later...just want to know options, probably wont

Automotive tire Font Line Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
A stand alone harness is pretty easy to install, you already have all the components for the EFI ? Mine is a stock harness and ECU reworked by Speartech, before everyone was making standalone ones. I told them what I had and they flashed the computer with a basic tune. I ran it that way for 3 years never had a problem. I put it on a dyno in 2015 just to make sure everything was safe, the tuner said the tune was pretty close just a little fat. He evened out the fuel curve and haven’t touched it since, runs great .

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
regarding the CPP kit vs others like that from tanks inc

The reason I was asking about the CPP kit is it is about half the price of same components anywhere else
I do not mind paying more if there is a legitimate reason too
are there shortcomings to the CPP kit

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
regarding the CPP kit vs others like that from tanks inc

The reason I was asking about the CPP kit is it is about half the price of same components anywhere else
I do not mind paying more if there is a legitimate reason too
are there shortcomings to the CPP kit
The CPP kit is a tanks inc, I think the Holley kit also uses their tank. I just got the parts I wanted from summit. I always thought it was funny that you can usually get the parts cheaper from a 3rd party then you can from the manufacture. My TCI kits were cheaper off of flebay . That was before I knew about Tim’s hot rods. That is a good price for all the parts and all the fittings.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The only drawback to that setup is how they have the flange mounted / sealed to the top of the tank. They include tiny orings to go under the machine screws. Sounds good right? The only problem is there is no receiver groove for the online to go into. Therefore if you tighten it like it should be tightened the I ring will squish out. I used copper washers with a fuel resistant sealant in mine.

My tank for a different car was $50 less through summit but the pump and everything else was less through tanks inc. I have a in tank pump going to a aeromotive regulator feeding a carburetor. I just finished the install and will hopefully try it in spring. The regulator I bought can also be used in efi with the swap of the spring ( included) of interested in the p/n message me and I'll look it up.

Rebob that thing looks like a nice clean setup!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
996 Posts
I just installed this kit on my 65 recently. I would highly recommend it. CPP did tell me that it is a tanks inc setup. I also have an L33. What intake and rail do you have? I swapped on a TBSS intake from an 09 that performs better. I know most truck intake setups(including the TBSS) have a returnless style system so I just had to plumb it to the rail. The corvette filter/regulator takes care of the rest.

As far as engine management and tuning. I would stay with efi. You will need a lot of parts for a carbureted setup that you won’t need if you go to efi later. To that end, I would highly recommend the Holley Termjnator setup. It seems pricy at first glance but when you see it includes a harness, it becomes more reasonable. If I had to do it again, I would also go with a DBW throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought an LS6 intake
engine came with DBW throttle body
have been looking at the holley terminator and will probably go that route

did just purchase the CPP kit....april delivery, good thing I have lots of work to do and

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I’m not sure what brand filter CPP uses but some people have had issues with them right of the bat. Some where I read only use Wix or AC delco, I’ve always used the Wix their cheaper and have never had a problem. Like mentioned before, I didn’t use the little o rings but used sealer on both sides of the gasket.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
+1 on the WIX version no problems for 10 years + I mounted mine on the Driver side Rear frame dog leg.

Also just built my system that way you get what you need to many times i have extra stuff i feel like it paid for and didn't use .. + i know i have good stuff not some off shore junk that going to Burn down my car THIS IS FUEL i dont trust CCP they should be called

CCP =CHINA CHEVY PARTS

My local speed shop carries this:

Our goal has been to make quality products offered at the best possible price with 100% on time deliveries. We always have a family member or our tech support system available to answer any questions. Because we are family owned we take pride in our companies and strive to be the best we can be. All of our products, (except for forgings) are manufactured in our facilities in Southington, Connecticut USA. We are continually improving our manufacturing process which includes adding in some automation to keep up with product demands and with the cost of offshore competition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts