Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
You got that right Dale - Saturday is the best, so I'll be there too, along with Bob Santana. Just talked to Bob, who wants to meet at the Mexican restaurant behind Pomona Drag Strip's tower. If any other SoCal Novas members want to join-in, be there by 7 a.m. See you Saturday, RK

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I've lived here for 5 years and I've never been to the LA Roadster Show or the Pomona Swapmeet.... :(
Pomona Swapmeet- - - yea, cool, okay....

L.A. Roadster Show- THE REAL SHOW IS OUT IN THE PARKING LOT!

For me, it has to be one of the coolest events. I've yet to make it to other big venues around the country that I"m told rival our swapmeets here, but for the sheer coolness factor of the most ecletic mix of cars, you can't miss this show! Inside, its the biggest sea of '32 that has to be ever assembled in one place, with manufactures ansd such up the yin-yang! Outside ,vintage ,cool swapmeet stuff! This is where most of my SoCal Novas tropy swag will most likely be found.. Cool stuff, a cannot miss show! Plus, go hang out in th parking lot, open your trunk, and "party".

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I'm going to try to make it, not sure if it will be on Saturday or Sunday.

Looks like they have some 'new attractions' this year:

Bring your ear plugs for the 1st Ever Cacklefest at the L. A. Roadster Show on Saturday, June 20th.
On Sunday, be sure to check out the
Traditional Rod and Suede
Show in the Specialty Parking Area. These are many of the same cars that attend the Annual Primer Nationals in Ventura, CA. The first 400 cars participating in the show, will receive a special memorial dash plaque.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I'll be there fri-sat. working friday for sure, and maybe saturday if I don't finish. Sunday I'll be there hanging out with pops.

I think my Dad's planning on a swap space, sop if he does, thats where I'll sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats funny, Mark! I think Saturday is a better day!! Oh well, different opinions!! :D I'll be there early Saturday. With the Dart , but shopping. Sunday, well, Sunday- - - I'm going to have breakfast in bed, my feet washed, my hair and toe nails cut. . . . . . . . Its Fathers Day!!!!
Oh great I may have to go both days:yes::D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Does anyone know what this place is called? I might try to make it out Saturday morning.
Don't know the name but here are some directions.
From the 10 take Fairplex offramp North up the hill.
Turn left at the "T" (its actually the same named street)
Turn right at the next street (again its actually the same named street)
The Bracket airport will be on your left the drag strip will be on your right behind the ivy fence as you go down the street.
Turn right into the first, last and only establishment except for a gas station I think after the dragstrip - thats the place. If you go to Arrow blvd you have gone to far but you can't miss it.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Don't know the name but here are some directions.
From the 10 take Fairplex offramp North up the hill.
Turn left at the "T" (its actually the same named street)
Turn right at the next street (again its actually the same named street)
The Bracket airport will be on your left the drag strip will be on your right behind the ivy fence as you go down the street.
Turn right into the first, last and only establishment except for a gas station I think after the dragstrip - thats the place. If you go to Arrow blvd you have gone to far but you can't miss it.

Chuck
Thanks Chuck, I appreciate it.

Is this it?
El Merendero Restaurant (give it a minute to load completely)

·
Registered
277 Posts
El Merendero is the place! Great food!

Friday will be the So Cal Open House as previously mentioned and the In-n-out burger truck will be there...:D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts