Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
For the life of me I could NOT get the car to leave. Very Very frustrating. I get the feeling my gearing might be a culprit. Track seemed very sticky and I had no traction problems, just bogging problems. Frustrating.

As always, Mike, thanks for the pictures. We love you.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
after some mild debating in my head, i'm going to purchase a nitrous kit to go fast. that should get me the power to get out of the hole and have a little bit more fun. I never missed a shift today (save for when I screwed up my clutch stop) and will like to see the car power through the bog and go fast finally.

Art - Watch out!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Aron, Isn't OD Nice:yes: .......The traffic was great all the way home I can't believe how fast we made it home:D
We lucked out on traffic. No arguing that. Plus OD makes it great. Sorry if I scared you right before exiting the fwy. Other than my car bogging I had a wonderful day. Great weather, great company, great food (thanks Art and family), great cars, great almost everything.

Bob, congrats are in order on your fastest 1/4 mile times, and Jim, you'll get it next time. Art did 10.11 on the bottle and might have pooped himself. Fontana was, for the first time in my memory, NOT a joke. How many runs did you get Mark? And you got some beauty sleep on the side of the track too.

·
Registered
761 Posts
after some mild debating in my head, i'm going to purchase a nitrous kit to go fast. that should get me the power to get out of the hole and have a little bit more fun. I never missed a shift today (save for when I screwed up my clutch stop) and will like to see the car power through the bog and go fast finally.

Art - Watch out!
I like your thinking on the NOS . If you order it tonight , from summit you will have it . by tuesday , on the car wednesday and racing it at Irwindale thursday . I know you like my way of thinking:yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I like your thinking on the NOS . If you order it tonight , from summit you will have it . by tuesday , on the car wednesday and racing it at Irwindale thursday . I know you like my way of thinking:yes:

I'm getting a Nitrous Works kit from a guy on Yellowbullet. Good deal, adjustable from 125-300 with purge and 2 bottles. Used, but in good shape. One bottle is full. I can't pay for it in full until the end of the month, but I'll be sending a deposit asap. I'll put it on the car sometime next month maybe. Gotta get lines, pump, switches, etc...

·
Premium Member
667 Posts

Art - Watch out!
LOL, told ya. A little 100 shot will get rid of the bog:yes: Plus that way i wont feel like im cheating the next time we line up. After going [email protected] 132, I dont think I can go back to the USUAL 11.20's. Next up i think i'm going to try the 250 shot at irwindale with the slicks.

And Mike, thanks for all the cool pictures you took, I know there are several good ones of my car that i will definitely be purchasing.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
I made 8 passes and could of gotten a ton more in:yes: I'm no where as fast as you guys but I had just as much fun:D I could run brackets with the wagon. I just need to practice on the tree more:yes: I had an .05-.011-.028 and a couple of red ones too:eek: My worst time was 15.58 my best was 15.46.......Told you guys I was slow:turn:
Hey Frank thanks for bringing the support truck and it was nice to meet you:D

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
We lucked out on traffic. No arguing that. Plus OD makes it great. Sorry if I scared you right before exiting the fwy. Other than my car bogging I had a wonderful day. Great weather, great company, great food (thanks Art and family), great cars, great almost everything.

Bob, congrats are in order on your fastest 1/4 mile times, and Jim, you'll get it next time. Art did 10.11 on the bottle and might have pooped himself. Fontana was, for the first time in my memory, NOT a joke. How many runs did you get Mark? And you got some beauty sleep on the side of the track too.
I made 8 passes and could of gotten a ton more in:yes: I'm no where as fast as you guys but I had just as much fun:D I could run brackets with the wagon. I just need to practice on the tree more:yes: I had an .05-.011-.028 and a couple of red ones too:eek: My worst time was 15.58 my best was 15.46.......Told you guys I was slow:turn:
Aron no problem, theres always extra food when the motorhome is there and you guys are always welcomed to join.

Bob, hope you had as much fun as we did. I think its awesome that you drove what? about 150+miles one way run MID 12's and drive back home. Same goes for Aron, cruise the fwy at 80mph run an 11.12? and then cruise it back. Your cars are Bad*ss.

Mark, ur wagon is just cool man. And what do you mean you need to practice on the tree? Those reaction times you were pulling are great.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
cool pixs mike thanks :yes: one of them shots of my car i can see a little day light under my driver front tire :eek: i had a blast with you guys today sorry about my CANOPYS BLOWING ALL TO HELL i chased carb problems all day my plugs never got any better they wouldnt let me make anymore passes due to my trans leak so there is something else to look at. i have no idea how my car slows down from running 12.20s @ 118 to 12.50s @ 108 im trying to figure that out im glad to see that arron and mark got home ok you guys and your overdrives and air conditioning ( mark ) :yes: i hope bob made it home again i sure hope we can do this again maybe next time i ll have my sh$# together better. art it was fun watching your car hall rss it was nice meeting "kanan" (sorry if i spelled her name wrong) she was excited for you as well :yes: arsineo's nova is bad rrss too mikes got a good pic of his car launching :eek: ( check out the bumper ) well im beat and im scratching my head on my mysterious carb issue. steve its always good seeing you out at the track i cant wait till you get your car out there and wade tell your boy to stay with the big block its that much funner :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Hey it was a blast, but a long day for me, just got home at 10, after stopping to have dinner with my daughter at UCLA. It was great to hang with you guys, and again, thanks for the pics Mike. After changing timing, advance curve, tire pressure, Rancho settings, shift point, launch rpm, etc., and not seeing any improvement, I took my air cleaner off as suggested by Jim's dad. Didn't think it would make any difference, but gained a tenth and 2 MPH. :yes: Best et was 12.63, not as good as I hoped, but leaves plenty of room for improvement. Got to get the Super Comps installed, fresh air intake, high ratio rockers, and what else.....oh ya, the bottle :devil:

Anybody doing the Summit Series next Sunday at Irwindale?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Hey it was a blast, but a long day for me, just got home at 10, after stopping to have dinner with my daughter at UCLA. It was great to hang with you guys, and again, thanks for the pics Mike. After changing timing, advance curve, tire pressure, Rancho settings, shift point, launch rpm, etc., and not seeing any improvement, I took my air cleaner off as suggested by Jim's dad. Didn't think it would make any difference, but gained a tenth and 2 MPH. :yes: Best et was 12.63, not as good as I hoped, but leaves plenty of room for improvement. Got to get the Super Comps installed, fresh air intake, high ratio rockers, and what else.....oh ya, the bottle :devil:

Anybody doing the Summit Series next Sunday at Irwindale?
I will most likely be there.:yes:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey Frank thanks for bringing the support truck and it was nice to meet you:D
Hey Mark, good to finally meet you guys too. The work van is usually there if
Art is there, so if you guys don't wanna carry all your tools, your more than welcome to anything in the van. Had a great time today. Can't wait for the next one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts