Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input from you veteran engine guys out there. I am pulling the stock heads on my 290hp GM crate engine and replacing with either a set of L-98 aluminum heads or Vortecs. Will these work with the L-82 cam that is in the car now or should I replace the cam at the same time? I think the specs on the L-82 cam are 222/222 duration with .450/.460 lift LSA is 114 degrees.
I am looking for a solid 300-325hp from this engine. Intake will be a Edelbrock Performer RPM and carb will be a Edelbrock Thunder AVS 650 cfm.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
the L-82 cam is a good one, maybe try advancing the cam 2* at the cam gear itself. My buddy swears by that. With a GM-6 converter and what other parts you're using it should make good power.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 6Nova4.

I went over to the Vette show that was in town this weekend and found every type of head except the L-98. I got a line on some Dart Iron eagle SS heads though. We'll see if I can get them and use with the L-82 cam now in the car. I think it will work pretty well. Intake is a Performer RPM with a 650 Edelbrock AVS.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
sounds good man. Next truck/DD combo I do where I need something mild I'm definitely using that cam. I put one in a 4x4 with a 400 and it had 38" mudders and it worked really well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts