Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the difference between a 3827369 B2 housing and a 3827369 B3 housing?

I see you can buy the B3 housing on a Camaro web site.

Thanks
Chip

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i think it'd be cool if we could get some shots ta go with the answering of this issue... be very helpfull to guys in the future asking same question ;)

·
13,679 Posts
Hey guys, guess what? There's also a B1 housing with this part number :confused: . These aren't the only ones out there, either. My L79 came with one that had nothing but 'GM' on it. It's exactly the same as the #3827369 B2 I now have on the car. These housing were used for applications other than L79s (there was no L79 Camaro), so this may explain the different designations. I think they're all the same. Most of the Chevy II L79s I've seen are B2s, but who knows if they all had it.
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the Flyer said:
i think it'd be cool if we could get some shots ta go with the answering of this issue... be very helpfull to guys in the future asking same question ;)
The one I have is NOS "I think" I know the B3's are still made. Heres a picture, but to clear. Try for better one later after downloading Christmas pictures.

0a_1_b.jpg

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
not to get off yer subject... i have a 67-68 302 Z/28 intake #3917610... i notice the bolt pattern for the water outlet isn't the same as a standard GM intake... would i need an outlet similar to the one's you guys use on the L79's for the 302 intake i have ???

·
13,679 Posts
the Flyer said:
not to get off yer subject... i have a 67-68 302 Z/28 intake #3917610... i notice the bolt pattern for the water outlet isn't the same as a standard GM intake... would i need an outlet similar to the one's you guys use on the L79's for the 302 intake i have ???
I don't know for sure, but I've seen these housings on Camaros and, as mentioned earlier in this thread, they're being sold on Camaro sites. There's a good possibility this is the housing for your intake, Johnny.
Bob

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Hey Fly-Boy..... I told ya before!! It's the same one!! Duh !! too much rain down there??? You told me you were going to sell that intake???? I now have a very nice one as well!!
Bogie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts