Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
13,985 Posts
Still one of the rarest Acadians around, Bill, and certainly one of the rarest cars in the Canadian L79 Registry. Hats off to you for restoring it as original. This is a real piece of Canadian automotive heritage.
For those who don't know this L79, it's documented from the day it sold new at Empress Motors in Victoria B.C. For a non SS car it wasn't inexpensive at just over $3800. It was sold to a resident of Victoria who received $1100 trade-in value for his 1964 Falcon. It was obviously purchased to race, as the owner had the dealer install 5.13 rear gears before delivery. It was raced for 2 years and was taken off the road in 1968 and went into storage in 1970. Only 63 Acadian L79s were built (all models). There is no breakdown on numbers by model, but it's believed perhaps 15-20 were Canso 2 door hardtops. This is the only one I know of that still exists today.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
cool!!!
where's the "PONTIAC" emblem bob?!?!?:devil::D:rolleyes:
leftcoast carl.

p.s.-SERIOUSLY THOUGH-VERY NICE RESTO!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
looks great bill, now all yyou have to do is jig saw out the rear wheel wells...just kidding. could you e me some pics plse bill
cheers
wayne

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Awesome car! I wish we could see more on the road, guys.

Last week, I went to California, and I drove my 1971 all the way there and back from and to New Mexico, respectively. It performed flawlessly with its un-restored 307 engine (and thanks to a little Sea Foam treatment during its previous 2 oil changes).

I did up-grade the braking/suspension system to a disc-brake set-up, for the old ladies in New Mexico were scaring the heck out of me. Best money I have spent!

Nevertheless, the car mustered a ton of positive comments, signs, waves, and expressionsand sometimes whimsical dumb looks (i.e. What that hay is that???? :confused: ).

Lets keep them alive, folks!

GerryLP:cool:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Job Very well done, Bill. I love to see any rare car restored to original condition. Thanks for the pictures (and keep them coming). Hope to maybe see the car sometime. How about bringing the car to the Nova Nationals in July.

Jerry in KY

1 - 20 of 32 Posts