Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't know the validity of it, but a friend of mine who lives in TX said that all of the leather on those trucks comes from the King Ranch in southern Texas. Just gessing here, but they may have some exclusivity agreement with Ford.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The King Ranch is where the leather comes from. If you look at some of the leather that on the seats you can sometimes see marks in the hyde where the cows rub on bob wire fences or other scars. I was a Ford tech for many years and at times customers would come in with complaints of the scars on the hydes. The women sometimes did like it when you told them that it was real leather. Also some of y'all might know this but most dont Kingsford charlcoal was invinted by King and Ford they were good buddies. Kings Ford

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
leather

The King Ranch is where the leather comes from. If you look at some of the leather that on the seats you can sometimes see marks in the hyde where the cows rub on bob wire fences or other scars. I was a Ford tech for many years and at times customers would come in with complaints of the scars on the hydes. The women sometimes did like it when you told them that it was real leather. Also some of y'all might know this but most dont Kingsford charlcoal was invinted by King and Ford they were good buddies. Kings Ford
Cool thanks for the history notes there, thats why i like it so much its real and rugged.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
JAYNOVA

Thanks for the link, contacted the guys and they got back to me and have exactly what i want.

Glad it all worked out for you. Never thought about using it on my 63SS. Maybe I will when it come time for new covers. Will make me remember my great-grandparents and grandmother. They were part of the early settlers who helped Mr. King fulfil his dream.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Saw the pictures a well , wow that looks awesome . That is a cool story about the leather . My sister is a truck driver and she just won a 2013 King Ranch truck that her company was giving away to people who kept everything right with the truck while they were on the road . It was between her and a man , and she won it . She just got it this past Thursday. Now I can tell her the story of where the leather comes from , thats awesome .

Tony

1 - 12 of 12 Posts