Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings my name is Steve, I am 67 years old and building a 1964 Nova Gasser. Ive been a member since 2015 but have not posted anything until now. I am almost finished building a Nova Gasser with a 475 ci W motor in it with mechanical Hilborn fuel injection. I don't know how many other members have or are building a Nova race car, I imagine most members have somewhat stock street cars. I am retiring this September and should be more active with my car (building and racing) from now on, my build should be finished this winter and be ready for next year.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Welcome to SNS and enjoy!! I just retired and I am 72 and thinking maybe I can get some of my long term projects finished up.

Dave ................... slow down .................... u'r just ahead of me ... lol

see ya .... jim

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
" 409 "

and, WELCOME to SNS ..... never too late to get posted-up .

(only 'W' that I've ever had --- 1958 'NOMAD Wagon' w/348 & p/g).

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,494 Posts
Steve, Nice to hear from you and please keep us posted on the progress of your Nova.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Welcome to the site.. You probably won’t find much in the way of gasser builds going on here.. There have been in the past but none that I’ve been aware of currently.. There is an organization called the Southeast Gassers that organize racing events for gassers. I don’t believe there are any members here on Stevesnovasite. At least not that I’m aware of.. There are a couple of members with gassers here Tree man and 63gasser. Smoking Bill had a 64 post car but sold it a couple of years ago.. Squirrel built a really cool gasser and made a long build thread documenting it but he hasn’t been here in a while.. I know some of these members are active on other message boards that focus on period type builds.. We’d love to see what you have done please stay and share your build..

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome Steve, from Bob in Kansas. I like your Gasser build. I looked in your album, and you sure are doing it up the right way! Congrats on retirement, work is over rated! You'll love it, doing things you enjoy. I've been retired 5 years and sure like it.
Take care,

Bob

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kina new member

Thanks Bob, yes it will be nice (and different) to be able to do what I want and when I want. Looks like you are well on your way to a pretty good looking cruiser yourself. Keep posting pictures, Thanks Again, Steve.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just saw a first gen with a 409 and a 4 speed last weekend race at Dragway 42. Without a doubt one of the coolest cars there!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts