Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of these on the shelf:

http://paceperformance.com/i-6255516-19210728-gm-self-aligning-aluminum-roller-rocker-arm-set-1-5-1-ratio-set-of-16.html

The Crane Gold rockers that are branded for GM.

I'd bought them for installation on my Vortec heads (I have stock '99 stamped rockers on there now), but now I'm wondering if it's worth installing them. Modern stamped arms are more accurate than years ago, right? A 1.5 stamped SA rocker is pretty much 1.5, not 1.3 to 1.5 like in the 60's?

I don't know if there's enough of a gain to be had to warrant installation, or if I'd be better off selling them and using the money elsewhere. And by elsewhere, I mean ditching the 2116 Performer manifold for a 7516 Performer RPM Air Gap if it fits under the hood. As it is I have a small intake oil leak I need to fix, and after spending some time behind the wheel I think the air-gap is a better match for the RPMs I get driving around.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Personally I would use them if I had them. Don't think you will notice any difference and if you need the intake (which you probably will notice the difference) then of course sell them if money is tight right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts