Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I bought a new kickdown cable and after I dropped the pan on my TH350 I realized that the rod/wire that links the kickdown cable to the transmission is broken. This is a small wire or rod that comes out of the transmission casing and hooks to the kickdown cable. I did find one used on eBay for all of the linkage but all I need is the rod. I hate to pay $50 for a used assembly when all I need is the rod. Probably a $5 part. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I could order a new one? Maybe its a terminology thing? I would refer to it as a kickdown cable rod or wire? I have attached a picture I found from another forum so you know what I am referring to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Got a local transmission rebuild shop anywhere near you??...they probably have a coffee can sitting on the used parts shelf half full of them, left overs from all the trans they have stripped down for parts.....it's not a very commonly replaced part which is why you can't find then listed seperate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts