Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a 350 with vortec heads and a air gap intake and my old kickdown bracket sits too far back and the cable wont reach the carb linkage. Anyone else had this problem? What did you do? new bracket? where can I find one if there are any out there? Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,614 Posts
4door64 said:
I just put a 350 with vortec heads and a air gap intake and my old kickdown bracket sits too far back and the cable wont reach the carb linkage. Anyone else had this problem? What did you do? new bracket? where can I find one if there are any out there? Thanks
I too ran into this problem where there appears to be no aftermarket supplier making the proper kickdown linkage for this setup. I talked to my transmission guy and he fabbed up this setup for me for my 355/vortec/AirGap combo:

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,361 Posts
4door64 said:
I just put a 350 with vortec heads and a air gap intake and my old kickdown bracket sits too far back and the cable wont reach the carb linkage. Anyone else had this problem? What did you do? new bracket? where can I find one if there are any out there? Thanks
I had to make my own kickdown bracket when I switched to Vortec heads & intake. I just formed and cut some sheet aluminum until it fit and found a tapped hole in my intake to anchor it to. Here is a pic:

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats odd that no one makes a bracket for this. Thanks for the pics guys it looks like im gonna have to pull out some tools :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought I would let who ever needs this info in the future but I picked up a throdle cable bracket and it has the hook up for the kickdown and it bolts to the carb. Got it at Auto Zone:cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,614 Posts
4door64 said:
Just thought I would let who ever needs this info in the future but I picked up a throdle cable bracket and it has the hook up for the kickdown and it bolts to the carb. Got it at Auto Zone:cool:
What did you hook the other end of the throttle cable to?? Got a pic??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
349 Posts
NoGo: Where did you get the throttle bracket on the carb. The bracket on mine doesn't have provisions for attaching the kickdown cable. Here's a picture of the carb.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NovatoriusWrecks said:
What did you hook the other end of the throttle cable to?? Got a pic??
I still have the stock rod style throttle lever, I will try to get some pics tonight.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top