Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I went ahead and replaced the kick panel seals on my Nova. The same thing can be done for the seals inside the A/C case.

Here is the jacked up seal. You can see where parts of it are missing. It breaks to the touch.

The panel is two pieces of sheet metal held together with rivets. Drill the rivets and split the halves.

The foam is stuck but easily scrapes off. Once clean, lay one half on the hobby foam (purchased from Micheal's for $.99 ) Cut a rectangle larger than the area you need. Make sure to cut the oval for the cable control stud.

And rivet the panel back together.

Trim to the right size. Close enough is good. All we're looking for is a seal.

Install back into the kick panel and look for daylight.

The hobby foam was $.99 and the rivets should be less than $1. I spent about an hour total for both doors. Quick easy low dollar repair.

·
Registered
24 Posts
this is a great, cheap fix, i currently have both panels off and will be looking to do this as well....whats the thickness of the hobby foam?

·
Premium Member
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you use on the actual panel? In the last picture after you've installed the vent door I can see around the edge that it looks like an old gasket of some sort. This on my car is actually where water is leaking through. I'm just wondering if there's a gasket or some type of caulk that you put around that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts