Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference on a kick panel for a '70 nova with and with out air? Is it just the vent window?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Yep, no vent on A/C cars. That's common for just about all Novas. When I pulled the A/C out of my '76 Nova, I purchased non-A/C kick panels for the vents to bring in fresh air.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For whats it worth my '70 AC Car also has vent pulls and they are OEM to that car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I believe that the car came with factory air, but am not positive! I do have the vent pulls on both sides. I would like to put some speakers in the kick panels and can not any fabricated panels that are made for a car with ac. So the real question is can I just use the non ac kick panels so I can put a speaker there?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
My 1970 has vents and the pull cable in the kick panel. The heater/AC control has a 'VENT' position.
I am going to try and put 4x6 speakers in the kick panels. A previous owner hacked up the kick panel and put some small round speakers in them. I ordered the reproduction speaker grills from Classic industries today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts