Chevy Nova Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1461 - 1480 of 1480 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You guys are a little stingy. My brother and I have always been more generous on our warranty terms....30 seconds or 30,000 miles, whichever comes first...:cool:
Isn't that the tail light warranty?

Once you see my tail lights leave, the warranty's over!

Scott

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,463
I just went home for the weekend. Tomorrow I'll be umpiring and messing around with the rx-7. I'll probably tear apart the front of the engine to find the leak on Sunday. I hate leaks. Leaks leaks leaks.... :mad:

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
:D The last car i bought had an exstended warranty. The Old man said It exstended from here (where it was parked) to the end of the driveway... :D

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,466
Currently the nova is sitting at my parents place. I'm gonna to try to steal the garage from my dad sometime soon to add aluminum body mounts and some SSM lift bars coming in the mail from a member here. Other than that, I'm looking for a pair of used slicks or DR's and some wheels for the spring.

Kev

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,468
The car hasn't seen the light of day since November. Have a little patience!

I do have the Drag Radials now, might just end up mounting them on 15x8 steelies because I can't find affordable aluminum wheels.

The bars and mounts are in their packages waiting for me.

Kev

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,469
I got the SSM lift bars installed today. Now my car doesn't hook and then unload the rear tires like it did before (modified wheel hop). I just need to get some wheels to mount my huge drag radials.

Kev

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
I got the SSM lift bars installed today. Now my car doesn't hook and then unload the rear tires like it did before (modified wheel hop). I just need to get some wheels to mount my huge drag radials.

Kev
Looks like I'm donating more parts to the Blue Light Special 350 project :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
FWIW, the rotating inertia of lighweight wheels is not insignificant.
One example I worked on, lightweight wheels were worth, (the energy equivalent of), 14 hp over heavy wheels.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,472
I've been looking around for wheels, but can't find decent aluminum wheels for less than $150. I'm scrapping around the bottom of the money barrel buying a house, so I have two options.

1) Not hook and destroy my street tires
2) Mount some of Dave's steelies up for awhile and run a tenth slower than I could. Steelies are still about 10 lbs lighter than my ridiculously heavy M/T tire/pontiac rally wheel combo.

Kev

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wow

Man I Spent 3 Days Reading Thru This To Find Out The Car Seems To Have Only Made One Pass, Hey What Can I Say I Have Been Building My Car Over A Longer Time Than That. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I've been looking around for wheels, but can't find decent aluminum wheels for less than $150. I'm scrapping around the bottom of the money barrel buying a house, so I have two options.

1) Not hook and destroy my street tires
2) Mount some of Dave's steelies up for awhile and run a tenth slower than I could. Steelies are still about 10 lbs lighter than my ridiculously heavy M/T tire/pontiac rally wheel combo.

Kev
Summit racing, Outlaw II wheels, 78.00 ea, 15X8--- 15X4-5-6 Aluminum wheels, check em out, unless you meant 150 for both, then you're right, not possible new, maybe used.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,478
I've actually made a number of passes. Best is a 13.2 @ 105. I've just got it running to full potential now. Most of the passes at the end of last year were mid 13's with lots of tire smoke. I lost a rocker arm and had some carb/dizzy issues the first trip out this year, but I'll be ready for my first 12 second pass next trip.

Kev

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,480
I'm going to Hilton Head next week Saturday to Saturday, so I won't be back in the mix for a little while. Hopefully I can run a little after that.

Kev

1461 - 1480 of 1480 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.