Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my DIN style CD player faceplate from Ken Harrison today and the installation instructions are vague at best (really just three pictures). Has anyone installed one of these? There are no tabs on the faceplace to hold it in place. I've looked at these instructions for some time and just don't get it. Can anyone oout there help me with this?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
hi carrera95, i went to my files and found the instruction sheet or lack of it.i had to use night vision goggles to read it as it was so dark:rolleyes: the sheet has 4 photos of the install. photo 1 has a bracket with one screw hole and a slot above it.it also has a 90 degree bend with a hole in it.this bracket goes on the left side. photo 4 shows a bigger bracket with 2 holes in it.use the 2 screw clips on these holes.it also has a 90 degree bend with a hole.this goes on the right side.first line up the left bracket with the hole and screw it in.i don't remember if it used a screw clip or nuts and washers:confused: sort out the hardware to see.i did drill another hole and used a pop rivit near the top.next line up the right bracket with the 2 holes.attach the 2 clips on the bracket and screw from the backside.next attach the radio sleeve into the face plate.bend as many tabs as possible to secure it. next slide the face plate into the brackets.align the long screws on the back into the holes.tighten with nuts and washers.adjust face plate to opening.install radio and your done:D yours will look like this

·
Registered
52 Posts
I searched on google but couldn't find any good info on Ken Harrison or his faceplates. Where did you find this, and does he make them for 1st gens?

-Chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
novafied said:
you can get the faceplate from nnn or chevy2only.any place that sells custom audio products will have it too. i bought mine from thedirectsource.com as they were cheaper and the kick panels too.http://www.the-direct-source.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_30&products_id=1832&osCsid=2b387672a6fe38982a94960c13797a49
Thanks for the link. I checked out the kick panels, but I don't see any for Chevy IIs. Do they have them and they're just not listed?

Edit- nevermind. I found them. They only list them with speakers.

-Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts