Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if Wolfen has been affected by these fires and hoping everything is good his way.

Im on the other side of the lake so i can only watch and breath the smoke :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
yeah...scary stuff.i hope wolfen and any other SNS members are safe tonight.
my cousin's family is currently evacuated:(.
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
It is incredible how fast the fires move. I was living in Salmon Arm in 1998, my family got evacuated. I spent 14 days up on the mountain fighting fires. In the evening we would come down and the town was like a ghost town, shops closed, bank machines all empty, just smoke drifting through the streets.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Hi guys!

Yes we were affected by the Glenrosa Fire. Had to leave quickly on Saturday with not much except pictures, truck and boat(which happened to be already hooked up). Marie was in Kelowna and could not get home due to road blocks. I had to leave the Nova at the time just to get out. That night a good friend who was on patrol behind the fire lines saw my car at the house,called me and said to meet him at the roadblock and he drove me up to get the Nova out.
We went to our daughter and son-in-laws house in Shannon Woods and spent a sleepless night because the Rose Valley fire started and was burning just over the ridge from their home. In the morning we left and took all the cars, trucks, boat etc. to our friends across the lake in the upper Mission area and stayed there.
Our other daughter and son-in-law live in our subdivision and had the fire burn to within 4 blocks of their house before the firefighting crews (AMAZING) and change in the heavy winds diverted the flames.
Yesterday we were allowed home but are still on alert.

Thanks for thinking of us!!!:):)

P.S. If you want to see some great pictures of the fire...go to www. Castanet.net
and look under the section called "galleries".

·
13,810 Posts
Wolfen, glad to hear you made it through the Glenrosa fire unscathed. Lots of guys down here thinking about you and your family since last Saturday. Corinne and I may be heading up your way next week with the Salvation Army to feed firefighters, likely those working on the Rose Valley or Terrace Mountain fires.

Bob

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good to hear everything is alright . and the rain we got tonight hopefully helped with all the fires .

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Wolfen, glad to hear you made it through the Glenrosa fire unscathed. Lots of guys down here thinking about you and your family since last Saturday. Corinne and I may be heading up your way next week with the Salvation Army to feed firefighters, likely those working on the Rose Valley or Terrace Mountain fires.

Bob
Thanks! Yes those folks are amazing...I do not know how they can endure that exhausting work at the best of times let alone in the high temps we have had. They all deserve more than just our thanks:yes:

·
Registered
914 Posts
I got back home fro Osoyoos Fri. afternoon. Lots of wind, rain and lightning strikes on Thurs. with 30+ new fires reported. I was sitting on the beach by a lake in 38-40 degree wheather and could barely stand it. My hat is off to those guys and gals in the dusty bush fighting those fires. No way I have the ability to do that!!! Can't imagine even trying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts