Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I not exactly a newbie, I've had a 72 Nova SS 20+ years ago. It killed me to sell that car.fwd 20 years later and me and my brother decided on getting our dad a 65 olds starfire that he had as a kid. he would always brag how fast it was (and it is 370hp 425 motor) we gave him the car (we restored it) for his birthday and that gave me the itch for another nova

So after a while of looking I found myself a new toy. a 71 Nova 4speed car It is a real solid and straight car from va I'm not crazy about the graphics but I can work on that later

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Welcome to Steve's Nova Site!! Gald to have you here!! It's cool that you got your Father his car. Now you can rebuild your new Nova then see which car is faster on the drag strip!! Have fun along the way!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! A '71 is a good choice, but I might be a little biased. Nice looking car.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

:) Welcome to SNS :) from Ontario Canada.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Welcome Keith! Good lookin car there. What are the rest of the specs on the car? RICK

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome, Keith. . .

Nice car to start with Keith. I'm a 'newbie', too, even though I bought my first Nova in 1970. Enjoy your project and that's a nice thing you did for your dad.

Long Island . . . my favorite summer destination (Shelter Island). . .

Mike S.
Tennessee

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Keith! Good lookin car there. What are the rest of the specs on the car? RICK
this car gets a ton of attention wherever I go

It has a rebuilt sbc 350 from what seller said not sure of internals but it does have a cam ,rpm intake,holley 3310 750cfm, supercomp headers and I just added msd 6al and pro billet distr It runs good for what it is I made a video of it running:

http://s1244.beta.photobucket.com/user/sjcrft/media/IMG_0746_zps02fc806c.mp4.html

trans is a m-21 and it has 10 bolt with 3.73's and a eaton posi

I'm going to pull apart engine this winter and see what is inside, if it is all good then I have a new set of world sportsmans II heads that a friend of mine is porting matching /bowl blending and he is also trading me a team g intake that has been cleaned up and port matched already. I also have scorpion roller rockers new in the box to add as well

On my wish list:

pwr disk front brake conversion and I need to change front springs the big block springs are way to high

new tires it has 255/60/15 with some room to spare

caltrac's and split mono's ( air shock's and traction bars just don't cut it)

I'm not trying to make a drag car just a cool street car that does what I want it to do when I want :D

I have to do a little bit at a time as my budget allows

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the Site :waving:

Looks like something from the 80s with those graphics, but Hey who am I to Judge ... :eek::D

Besides that, looks like a Great Contender in doing at what ever you decide ... :yes:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Welcome to Chevy II Nova World !

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:
FROM LONG BEACH TO LONG ISLAND!
YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE, PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE TO GAIN AND PASS ON!
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:
:cool pics:

:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts