Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to ask because I imagine I am younger than alot of people on here, and I keep seeing people write this (y) in situations that are wayyyyy off from what a younger person would do lol so I am very curious what it means to the people posting it!?!?

And just a FYI, if you send that to a young person it means something more sexual based. If you look at it (y) it looks alot like legs crossed at the thighs of a female.
I know that's obviously not how it's being used but I've been scratching my head everytime I see it trying to figure out what they mean by it!?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
471 Posts
A “thumbs up” emoji is viewed as a sexual symbol by the younger crowd??? Sounds like some folks need to grow up.

it means ‘good job” or “ok” or “i agree” or some other “positive” references. Nothing sexual about it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it actually a thumbs up on the net version and it's not showing the emoji on my phone!?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my phone it's just showing up like this, so is that like the code or whatever to make the thumbs up emoji on the net version and it doesn't translate to the phone for some reason? That would explain everything lol

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so that has do be something with the new update because it's always showed the thumbs up emoji on my phone just like all the others. Weird. Thanks for showing me

·
Super Moderator
3,700 Posts
No more guesswork. Just use the emoji finders and explainers here on site to get the right emoji for your posts.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I have no idea how someone looks at that emoji and sees a woman with her thighs crossed. Looks like a thumbs up to me. Guess I am just old

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,381 Posts
I have no idea how someone looks at that emoji and sees a woman with her thighs crossed. Looks like a thumbs up to me. Guess I am just old
I was thinking the same thing at first, but then I realized the when you insert a "Thumbs up" emoji into a post, it does not always appear as (y)... but sometime looks like ( y ) when being viewed on some smart phones, because the phone being used to view the post does not support the "Thumbs up" emoji and just inserts ( y ) in its place.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hey Ramportin/others,
I'm having a midlife crisis today. Is there any other emoji thingies that you all can tell me about to help me appeal to my target audience? Better if it has dual meaning like the above, in case the wrong person sees it. I think my GF, at the "club" , Mercedes will be impressed with how hip I am... If she would just remember to txt me like she promises.....

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Ramportin/others,
I'm having a midlife crisis today. Is there any other emoji thingies that you all can tell me about to help me appeal to my target audience? Better if it has dual meaning like the above, in case the wrong person sees it. I think my GF, at the "club" , Mercedes will be impressed with how hip I am... If she would just remember to txt me like she promises.....
Lol well a quick fruit/ veggie lesson the peach represents a female in a "sensual" way and the purple squash or whatever it is is for a guy

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Though I would not recommend sending any of these to a woman lol

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,381 Posts
Hey Ramportin/others,
I'm having a midlife crisis today. Is there any other emoji thingies that you all can tell me about to help me appeal to my target audience? Better if it has dual meaning like the above, in case the wrong person sees it. I think my GF, at the "club" , Mercedes will be impressed with how hip I am... If she would just remember to text me like she promises.....
Rupertflood, See the link below. Text at your own risk.
NOTE: Before you begin "texting", be sure you know where the closest Taco Bell restaurant is located... just in case you need to change your story on the fly ?

·
Registered
954 Posts
thanks you guys are awesome, on my way to ATM and lunch with Mercedes...so exciting
And Rif you said " inserts ( y ) in"

I think you think you snuck one by the internet police

1 - 20 of 21 Posts