Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
69 nova, mild 427bb, long water pump, billet spec serpintine belt, big end 2row alum radiator 18x24. So last spring I finished and started driveing my nova. One issue I had was the engine temp, It would always run 180-190 untill it got above 85 outside and even then It would only creep up at an idle or slow slow cruise. It never got hot while goin down the road. I had a flex a lite riged 6 blade race fan about an inch from raditor with a 2 inch wide circle ring all the way around the fan. So this winter I put a stewart stage 1 pump on and a 17 inch flex fan on and built this full fan shroud. I only have 3.5 inches between the belt and radiator. The fan is 2.5 inches wide so I spaced it .5 from the radiator and .5 from the belt. The shroud is only about 1.5 inches deep which puts the fan almost half way in the opening. I know a good fan and shroud would do the job however I have never seen a shroud this shallow or a fan this close to the radiator. When I spun the fan by hand (no belt on it) it sucked paper to the front side corners of the radiator. So do ya think it will work even though its a little unorthodox?

·
Registered
151 Posts
You say it's 1/2" from the rad? That's really close!!! I'd be nervous..
It looks good though..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts