Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
Do someone have some tips keeping up the finish on alu-heads, rockers covers & intake?

Matt

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Ive always just polished them with a little mothers aluminum polish,works great.I have heard of people getting their alum parts coated, and ive heard sometimes it leaves a yellowish tint behind ,cant say for sure because ive never seen it yellow myself but have read that?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!
Ive also heard that some people having trouble with the clear on alu parts. Making stuff kinda yellowish...
Matt

·
Registered
440 Posts
If it's raw cast aluminum brakeclean does a nice job removing stains. I usually spray it with a light coat of WD40 after and wipe it dry to stop any corrosion.

For winter storage I spray all the raw aluminum with WD40.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had my aluminum valve covers ceramic coated. They are an old set of Mickey Thompson covers with the fins and the M/T in the middle and are very hard to polish thoroughly. After polishing one of them about half-way I decided I had enough and decided to have them coated. They look really good, just like polished aluminum. It cost about $60 if I recall.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well this is for a set of brodix race rites heads, a set of brodix valvecovers and a brodix intake. The surfaces are pretty rough as you know so Im only looking for some stuff to protect the surface from dirt, miscolouring, alu-corrosion. Im not into polishing those parts...
Thanks
Matt

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Get some Eagle One Aluminum Wheel Cleaner. It's made for "Non Coated" bare aluminum wheels...it's a light phosphoric acid. Spray it on and hose it off after a couple minutes...it makes the aluminum pieces look brank new. I've used it on intakes, heads etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts