Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since I took a ton of crap over an attempted ebay purchase I guess Karma came and got me.

I made a purchase on a tilt floor shift column and sent the money right away as seller required. $325 plus shipping. Fast forward a week and no contact from the seller in spite of repeated messages. I have finally contacted ebay and it will be at least a week before they even start the refund process.

For the record, jr4174racer is the ebay user ID. He has a few other items for sale for a Nova...I'd be cautious....

and yes, Karma's a bitch!

·
Registered
77 Posts
He only sold 1 item previously and you gave him $325.? I got burned once before and was also from a seller with only a couple of sales. Lesson learned. Don't give more money than you are willing to lose from people with less than 20 sales.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, he has 12 positive, and I didn't check the details. He's mostly a buyer apparently.

There is a happy note. I opened a case with ebay this afternoon, and less than 10 min ago, got a message from seller with tracking info.

You know though, everybody starts somewhere when it comes to feedback. I started at zero as did everybody else. It was money I could afford to lose, just didn't want to.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hopefully it works out for you. I was on the other end, I had a bad experience as a seller. Guy bought a set of Heads and intake from me, emails me saying he doesn't want the intake, after three different shipping addresses in different states, I gave him 75 dollars back as he requested and kept intake, I still paid shipping costs for him of 90 dollars and still bad feedback! Everybody wants something free or to rip people off now days. Good Luck!

·
Registered
613 Posts
ebay karma

hang in there baloo28. ebay is about protecting the buyer. they will refund your hard earned bucks if you bitch about it enough. good karma never fails.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hey baloo, I don't think anyone who commented on your last post was trying to bag on you, just tellin ya to be realistic ;). Your current experience is one that I was trying to point out, eBay is VERY buyer friendly nowadays, to the point where sellers almost have no rights. As a buyer you are very protected. Glad that you will be getting the product that you need :yes: This is not karma biting you in the rear :no: just keep a mindful eye of what is realistic ;) eBay is still a great place for car parts.
-jim

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I know what your dealing with as I had the same problem a while back. I filed a case with E-Bay and they want you to wait a week in an attempt to work things out with the seller. I did that and finally moved the case to customer service 10 days later. E-bay issued me a refund on 01/28/13 and that same day the seller shipped me the parts overnight express using UPS. He asked for the selling price and he covered the shipping so in the long run I saved $65.00. So keep your chin up as things will work out!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I have been burned a few time(s) on e Pay ...

Got most of the funny Money back ( with some cautiously placed words ) ... :D

They have Scammers running Wild on that Site and its hard to deal with Decent Honest People anymore ....

Its been a down hill losing Battle .... :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'm getting burned again. I received the column, but it is far from rebuilt. I don't think it has ever been taken apart. The upper bearing fell apart as I took it out....so much for new parts.

I stupidly closed the case before realizing this stuff...now I'm at the mercy of the seller being a stand up guy....looks like I'm getting a crash course in tilt column rebuilding.....

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sorry to hear that.. that sucks.

I've been very fortunate, not only on Evil-Bay purchases, but purchases from Forum members, both here, and other forums I visit. I cannot think of a single time that I've been taken, or didn't get what I expected. I suspect Im living on borrowed time though.

I do try to take as many precautions as reasonably possible. Even though I understand everyone starts out at zero feedback, I don't buy from an Evil-Bay seller unless they have multiple feedback and as close to 100% positive as possible.

I did sell my 66 Fairlane on Ebay, to a person who had ZERO feedback. I thought for sure it was a scam. He called me, sent me $1000 via paypal, and then send a cashiers check. My bank was having issues getting it verified. Called the guy, told him I was holding off on shipping til the check cleared. He wasn't happy but understood. In the end, we were both happy. That's about the closest I've gotten to a potential issue.

Hope it works out and the guy is up front and steps up. Can you post a link to the ebay ad.. just curious about it.

Mike

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
He only sold 1 item previously and you gave him $325.? I got burned once before and was also from a seller with only a couple of sales. Lesson learned. Don't give more money than you are willing to lose from people with less than 20 sales.
you don't lose it???Paypal refunds it:yes:ive been burned many times like this on ebay.....always got a refund.....took alittle time but I always got it back:yes:

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Well, I'm getting burned again. I received the column, but it is far from rebuilt. I don't think it has ever been taken apart. The upper bearing fell apart as I took it out....so much for new parts.

I stupidly closed the case before realizing this stuff...now I'm at the mercy of the seller being a stand up guy....looks like I'm getting a crash course in tilt column rebuilding.....
you're not at his mercy...call paypal and explain....they will open the case again...."item not as described"they will stand behind you....especially since he only has 1 feedback

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Oh, and paypal won't help since I started a case with ebay but closed it since I received it. I found the issues after closing the case.....oh well....I need to find only a couple of parts and it will be ok...the spline shaft is pressed too far into the intermediate, and the upper bearing is junk....
How do you know this???You do know that ebay owns paypal right???Id call them:yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I'D CALL :call: THEM TOO, DON'T TAKE THIS LYING DOWN, FIGHT FOR WHAT'S YOURS!:turn:
GOOD LUCK! :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts