Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just found the site last night and look forward to checking out some of your rides later, I have a 1969 nova that has been sitting for the last 16 years, it had been back-halfed and then forgotten,I have a new 406 with 13 to 1 and a tci glide with 3800 stall and 12 bolt rear, I hope to get it put back together , however it will require much work,money, and time...I hope I may find some parts I may need here and maybe get rid of a few I have laying around, I would like to hear from nova owners in my area... I live in Topeka kansas,home of heartland Park raceway and am a single father or two teenage boys,I also own a 84 monte ls and a 87 bmw 535is
thanks,
Robert

250.00 does not buy much,L.O.L. but is some pics of my current project...

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
My latest acquire Nova is from Kansas, it's a 69 4 door. Are you going to keep it back halved or return it to original?

Welcome to the site.:yes:

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to keep it back halfed...I would love to restore one some day when my boys are grown and gone however here in Topeka where I live is a very nice drag strip where on thursday nights you can drag race for like 20.00 all night and they have bracket races often on the weekend as well, I hope to take it out there as often as I can afford to, this car would cost too much to restore,the dash and everything is gone in the interior, the original trunk pan, wheel wells, half the floor pans are gone and it has had larger wheel well quarter panels installed, the front subframe was shortened and tied to rear frame rails, the good thing was the cost since I picked it up for only 250.00, I have allready purchased a chris alston 4 link kit and new tubs and traded a bare stripped 73 nova shell for a 12 bolt with strange engineering c-clip eliminators and spool, I have moroso trick springs for the front with 90/10 shocks and the motor and tranny are done, I started on the motor about a year ago and just got the nova about 2 months ago, I hope to have it running by late fall and done by next summer, money is the big problem, it sounds like you have some nice cars and I think joining this site is going to help me in many ways with my project, thank you for the message and let me know if there is anything I can help you with or find for you parts wise in my area that you may need....
Robert

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Certainly sounds like your plans are in order, and the money issue is the same here, I wish it was an endless supply. Surprisingly with the 3 69's I own, I don't have much invested in them. The #'s matching one I bought before the hobby went nuts, for cheap, not even knowing what I bought, :no: the body was partially done and it has been buried at my bodies shop for almost 11 years now. I've been hunting all the correct parts to put it back together. The one pictured below, I bought because I needed my fix and had a spare BB, but my daily drive lost an engine and put it on hold last year.:eek: The 4 door will be for my son and we'll use up what we have to clean it up and getting looking cool. All said it's a reason to look forward to starting a new day!:yes:

Keep us updated on your build and feel free to ask for any help, we're glad to return the favour.:yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts