Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Now that its summer i have mostly been enjoying My 67 But a month or so ago i wiped out a couple cam lobes so i took the time to rebuild the motor and actually removed my fuel injection unit and went back a little old school with carb and intake. I just did'nt feel comfortable with the DFI enough to trouble shoot on the fly if it were to break down somewhere so i just sold the DFI unit and put on a Edelbrock RPM intake and street avenger carb with electric choke.HEI ign. rebuilt the 350 using all new parts and put the same Comp cam 268H that was in it before I will probably rebuild again over the winter going with a stroker and roller cam set up.. But enough of the chit chat. I also installed a shiftworks shifter in the stock SS console and i love it! so much better than the B&M that was in there! I also added electric fan and grille covers? not sure the actual name of them. Just been enjoying the heck out of this car!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
WOW! What a Beautiful Hot Rod :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
K n n breather

Real nice car!
I just bought 670 avenger ultra with electric choke
Recessed air breather won't clear
I want to purchase one of those k n n that you have
Is it 3 inch tall?
What recess is it.
Or do you remember part number?
Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Real nice car!
I just bought 670 avenger ultra with electric choke
Recessed air breather won't clear
I want to purchase one of those k n n that you have
Is it 3 inch tall?
What recess is it.
Or do you remember part number?
Thanks
Steve
Hey Steve.. Thanks... I believe my filter part number from summit was 66-3040 I think it has about a 1.5 inch drop ?

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What size Street Avenger did you end up going with?
I went with the 570 Street avenger since mine was a fairly mild build and after reading so much info on just how much cfm we really NEED! I will say that i did have to rejet it to get rid of a fairly pronounced stumble I had. I will definitely go to a bigger carb on the new build but really like the street avenger series!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
WOW!
I NEVER KNEW IT WAS THIS NICE, I LOVE IT! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow >>> Nice car.... !!!!!! Thank you for sharing !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts