Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Engine and trans should be in next week, everyone's going to love me when I breakin my new Roller Cam.

Here is an old pic of my motor before it was freshened (505)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wheels/Slicks

Hey, that looks awesome. What size rubber are you running and what size wheel, offset, etc? I like how the rubber fills out the wheel well. Is your rear axle stock width? I bet your neighbors will go nuts when you break in the cam!:D

Duff

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sytech said:
Hey, that looks awesome. What size rubber are you running and what size wheel, offset, etc? I like how the rubber fills out the wheel well. Is your rear axle stock width? I bet your neighbors will go nuts when you break in the cam!:D

Duff
my current wheel is a 15x8 with 6" back space, slick is 29.5 x 10.5 (you will need a mini tub) I will be installing a 10" wheel real soon.

Now you could run a shorter tire say 26x10.5 on an 8 or 10" wheel with the right offset without a problem and without having to mini tub yours. I know several guys that run the short tire all you have to do to race it is have the right gear / converter and you can fly

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
505Nova said:
Good to see you're back working on it again Phil!
Hey John when are you going to break that 8.99 mark

Well I have to many projects going and none of them are getting done, my 67 chassis car is almost ready for paint, Im going to Hutch's Transmission in canada tomorrow to pick up my glide for the 67.

I started restoring a 1971 Cutlass Supreme SX, 455

Been working on a mini chopper for my son with epilepsy in some spare time, actually teaching him how to bend and notch tube.

desided to pull the 72 out and try to get some races in this year

Looks like I may be going to Bowling Green next week with kevin to run NPS in the Pro Series.

Thanks a lot guys, everybody here has some great stuff, Im just glad to be a small part of a good group of people

·
Registered
234 Posts
gearjammer said:
my current wheel is a 15x8 with 6" back space, slick is 29.5 x 10.5 (you will need a mini tub) I will be installing a 10" wheel real soon.

Now you could run a shorter tire say 26x10.5 on an 8 or 10" wheel with the right offset without a problem and without having to mini tub yours. I know several guys that run the short tire all you have to do to race it is have the right gear / converter and you can fly
Did you have to relocate the shock mounts? Or just cut out some of the trunk? Any pics of the of trunk>?

Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gr8ride_71 said:
Did you have to relocate the shock mounts? Or just cut out some of the trunk? Any pics of the of trunk>?

Thanks
Yes I had to relocate my shocks, I will get some up to date pix of my trunk area this weekend.

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
122 Posts
It should run well into the 8's next time out, which would have been tonight if it wasn't for this pesky thing called RAIN... Arghh... Oh well, I'll have some new shocks to test now that I'll have another week to mess with it.

Sounds like you've got a lot of irons in the fire Phil! Hope you and Kevin have some good luck down in BG.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
That thing is totally rad looking, can't wait to see the pics of the trunk. Keep up the good work. Also cool about your son and the chopper, bender and notcher thing. Started to teach my son how to weld last night. He did an absoulte killer job on some scrap, now all he want to do is weld/ fabricate.

Denis

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Mikey likes it!
Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yesterday 08:30 PM
bowtie0069 Are you aware there is no break-in required with a roller cam?
I'll second that. Your neighbours will love you because of the roller cam.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
MelloYello said:
I'll second that. Your neighbours will love you because of the roller cam.
I'll third that, but don't tell your neighbours :D

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Correct, no break in of roller cam. But the neighbors don't need to know that. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII like it! Dave

1 - 20 of 21 Posts