Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the swap meet and i am very upset. I took my 64 nova down and parked it in the general parking area. Go inside the swap meet to look around with my buddy and come back out and someone stole the headlight bezels off my car!! I swear you can't go anywhere without something happening.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Was this at Long Beach???
If it was, Thats why ill never bring my car there, I have heard so many horror stories about peoples cars being keyed, parts stolen,tires slashed and tagged with white out or paint:eek:, I just bring my DD and park in the big lot.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes this was at the long beach swap meet today. This car is my daily driver.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Man that sucks thats why I never leave my car were I cant see it, All though everything has been worked over on my car so hopfully they will realize the parts wont fit anything else.

Its to bad you can't just chop people up and feed them to your dogs when they steal from you legally that is:eek:

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Went to long beach a couple years back, drove my 86 el camino. Came back to the car a couple hours later to find my left rear wheel opening molding gone. :mad:

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
wow thats bullcrap man, another thing is out off all the people there around no one saw it? im sure it was more then one person while the a hole took them off :mad: man this type of ***** pisses me off :mad:

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I have learned that when you go there you have to take someone with you, to sit in the car wile you do you thing, and just take turns.
I have a few friends that just wont go there anymore. unless they go in someone Else's car,,,, Pretty Sad,
I look at it this way,,,, The Crap heads that do this stuff,,Karma is a B%#@h.:devil:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Its sad to say your lucky that they didnt take the whole car . back years ago there would be about 4 to 7 cars stolen each swapmeet. consider It a cheap lesson . I will never drive my hot rods down there. try to get a ride down there with some one who has just a normal daily driver:yes:. Sorry It had to be you .

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Was it in the general parking??? Or was it in the "Car Show" parking lot?? its the same price if you bring your Hot Rod to park in the Show Parking. When I bring the wagon I always park in the show parking lot. Never had a problem :no: But there are thieving [email protected]#$%^S every where and sorry it happened to you:(

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Unreal...some people are just a waste of oxygen. Sorry to hear about that. My buddy had his '70 'Cuda 440 Six Pack parked in the show area at Pomona several years back, when we got back to the car from getting something to drink, someone had opened his hood and started to remove his shaker air cleaner.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes this was in the general parking area. Real car guys would never do anything like this. I take the car everywhere and leave it and has never been messed with I go to a car event and this happens!

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
That sucks, but that's Cali for ya! Thefts are common here also, most of the stolen cars end up in Mexico or a chop shop. Can't leave anything outside unattended or it will disappear. I've heard of people having those giant inflatable xmas decorations out in their front yards stolen :mad: Seem like it would be a pain in the butt to inflate/deflate those things everytime you went out, and at night.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Chad, that really hurts to hear that!! I'm sorry for the crud that happens. its hard enought to find those parts in the first place, only to have them lifted.

Just the reason more why I want to get my hands on that rear view mirror/video camera to play with . Could you imagine the cops showing up, arresting the guys after you turned in the vedo tape of them??? I'm gonna make a follow-up call tomorrow and find out why I don't have one yet!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts