Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
good job,we were a couple of cars down from ya in my dads tan 4 door 74.your car was looking good.glad you got award for you car.we had to leave early so we didn't see who got what.but they all looked good.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
What was the turn out like there? Heard Indy was a disaster, as it has been the past few years.

I'm considering going to SC Bowling Green, but don't want to waste the trip if turnout is going to be poor.

J

·
Registered
567 Posts
What was the turn out like there? Heard Indy was a disaster, as it has been the past few years.

I'm considering going to SC Bowling Green, but don't want to waste the trip if turnout is going to be poor.

J
You can't base any SC show on Maple Grove's event, it is the largest that they have!! I would say there were at least 200-300 show cars there as well as all the racing. There has been some talk recently about how they have been judging this year, I saw things this year that surprised me and this was my 4th straight year!!! I won't get in to details, just that some cars that won shouldn't have, and others that didn't should have.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
You can't base any SC show on Maple Grove's event, it is the largest that they have!! I would say there were at least 200-300 show cars there as well as all the racing. There has been some talk recently about how they have been judging this year, I saw things this year that surprised me and this was my 4th straight year!!! I won't get in to details, just that some cars that won shouldn't have, and others that didn't should have.
I've heard and seen the same thing at Super Chevys in Indy, Joliet, Norwalk, and National Trail (Columbus). At least they're consistently inconsistent everywhere they go. . . .

I used to place a high value on my SC trophies, then I figured out that winning one is just about like having your name drawn out of hat. No real rhyme or reason to it. Not a great way to run a judged car show.

J

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Here is my opinion on this years show at Maple Grove. This is my 3rd year going to this event and this year they were a little more tough on judging looking for stuff that most of us wouldn't clean before going to a show. He got me on some oily residue around the power steering pump and some wax build up under the rear window trim. He took the time to point these things out to me and said I'll be back tomorrow. I fixed what he pointed out to me and I guess that helped me to win my 3rd straight 1st place plaque from Super Chevy. That's just my opinion and what I saw. I also agree w/ Blown69rat there were a cuople of cars that shouldn't have gotten what they did but what's done is done. Here are some pictures I took ENJOY.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Congrats sweet looking ride!
And in referance to the beautiful pro street novas answer, its very true they will pick you apart at super chevy, BUT thats a good thing they usually do that and tell you of the little things when you have a nice ride and they just like to make them perfect!
I had my nova at indy and and they noticed the area on my radiator snout where my hose went on between my hupper hose and the rad there was a small scrath. just one example There moto has always been if you can touch it it should be clean,
But wow some great looking pro streets damn nice!:yes:

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,869 Posts
Cool pics & kudos on your coupe,looks great !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey smooth, you are correct. BUT, like Russ stated, they were a lot more "picky" than they have in years past. I guess I will get in to the rest of it...
If cars that win each and every year (either winner or outstanding) get told they should fix things one year, get them fixed for the following year, and then either don't win anything or only win an outstanding against cars that you beat every other year/show doesn't make any sense to me. Camaro this year (as well as tri fives) were HEAVILY broken down, but not the other classes as much. Yes, they were still broken down, but it seemed that these areas were the most broken down. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because I still had a great time and my son won an award with his truck (no, I didn't win, but lost to nicer cars in my opinion), I am just stating what I saw with the way the judging was done this year compared to the previous 4.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts