Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I bought a complete 6.0 out of a 09 G8.. it seems to be in great condition. it came with the complete motor minus the accessories (alt, p/s, a/c). along with the engine I got a stock uncut wiring harness and a ECM that was reflashed to take the VATS off.

Today I located and purchased a T56 tranny out of a GTO with LS bell housing.

I'm guessing my next step will be to find pedals, clutch, slave, etc for the swap. Will the G8 oil pan work with my TCI front clip that has the sway bars in front?

Also what motor mounts and headers do you guys suggest for this swap?

I know i'm asking a ton of questions but I only want to purchase things once this time around... not to mention you guys are a wealth of knowledge on these swaps.

Jason

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Sounds like you are all set with your drivetrain! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep up posted on the build! Good luck! :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Go with the Church Boys Racing headers,they come with the motor mount plates and are 100% stainless steel.Im still waiting for mine but others have told me they are top notch!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had an 09 G8 a couple years back, even at 4000 lbs that car would flat scream! That will be a fun motor in your ride for sure!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx fellas. I had the opportunity to chat with Bari at retro fuel today. I'm going to buy one of his custom fuel tanks. We talked about me using the church boy motor mounts and headers as well. He mentioned that a f body 98-02 oil
An will work with my TCI clip. Most likely buy this stuff tomorrow or Monday. My tci front clip was already on the car and it had the sbc motor mounts so I'm assuming the church boy mounts will be more of an adapter than anything. What are ur guys thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
It was nice chatting with you. Just remember, WE NEED PICS of your car!!!! :yes:

And like I said on the phone, you can't go wrong with anything from Church Boys. Their headers pretty much fell into place on my car, and Chuck is a great guy to deal with.

Good luck with the build, and I hope to hear from you soon!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was nice chatting with you. Just remember, WE NEED PICS of your car!!!! :yes:

And like I said on the phone, you can't go wrong with anything from Church Boys. Their headers pretty much fell into place on my car, and Chuck is a great guy to deal with.

Good luck with the build, and I hope to hear from you soon!!
I only have these crappy cell phone pics of the day I purchased the car...

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
You should see if you can get at least the accelerator pedal out of the donor car, as you have drive by wire, it will save some confusion later.....

Get the CBR/Stainless works headers. They come with adapter plates, and will fit your clip. Correct info on the pan, F-body is the ticket, you can sell the GTO pan for about 200+ bucks....

Also, look for F-body acessories, they are the most common, and with the exception of the PS pump, are the same as the GTO.

Nice platform for a build, post plenty of pictures, and if you have any questions, fire away...

T,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts