Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say thank you for all the info on here I picked up 3 cars in a package deal one being a 74 Nova 4door Unfortunately after really checking it out It needed way to much to fix, busted block due to someone using just water for coolant floors gone from setting in a field for 15 years and so on. The section here about the 10bolt rear axles taught me a lot Most Chevy fans I know didn't know that there where so many different variations in them the 8.5 8.2 and so on. The good about this I learned some, going to be using the parts from the engine on a friends engine rebuild. got a disk brake setup for one of my other projects. Now know that the 10 bolt 8.5 is a Strong rear with lots of build options.
Yeah I'M a Mopar guy just hate seeing older cars being scraped or crushed when there's unused potential left in them.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Good luck with all of your projects.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the site! A lot of great info here.
To confirm the rear end you have in the 74 Nova is an 8.5", just look for the two protrusions cast into the bottom of the differential housing (arrows).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome aboard! Sounds too bad for the Nova being neglected. Glad to hear you are up to bring her back to life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts